9-12 & Ungraded
Madison, NJ

Posted February 03, 2014
Living in Madison and being able to attend this high school has been one of the best things to ever happen to me. Now that I am in college I have a newfound respect and admiration for the Madisn educational system. What is taught and how the school is handled is geared to give the student body the best chance of success in the future. Simply put, Madison High School sets you up for success. I may not have known this while I went there, but now, in college, I can see it clearly.

Posted September 23, 2013
First of all, Madison is an incredible town with so much to offer. If Norman Rockwell were still alive, he would be painting scenes all over town, especially the high school! What a wonderful group of teachers, administrators and staff! Students graduating from this high school have all of the tools they need to continue their educations. There is an incredible athletic program and great club activities for students, who are involved in the community.

Posted October 26, 2012
5 Stars isn't enough. Our daughter obtained a place at Villa Walsh, Oak Knoll and MHS and chose MHS. We are thrilled with the quality of her education, the extracurricular activies available and the overall experience. The teaching is very high quality, teachers are dedicated and school leadership is committed to excellence. As an example, teachers will stay after school, or come in early morning prior to beginning of classes, to work with students who want more. That's dedication. While the property taxes in Madison are high, when you see what results from an educational standpoint you feel it is worth it. I'm sure that Villa and OKS are very fine schools, but I am of the opinion that the education on offer at MHS competes successfully with that offered at those schools - at a much lower cost! Keep up the search for excellence MHS!

Madison High School 1

Posted March 07, 2012
I go to madison now and i just moved here from a different state. if i may say the teachers and administration is really good and caring but the students are awful. If u are new they do not except you. They are rude and unwelcoming. i would not reccomend this school to anyone. I am switching schools now because i get really bullyed. Everyone is clicky and judgemental and all the kids dont like eachother and talk about everyone. Please dont let ur child go through what i am.

Posted March 01, 2012
I am a Madison High School graduate. I moved to another part of the country and was completely shocked when I found out that people that had graduated from the local high school could not read or write. I am thankful that I received the outstanding education that I received. I am and always will be proud to be a Dodger.

Posted April 02, 2009
This is our 1st year at the high school and I am pleasantly surprised. The teacher seem to take a real interest in their students and the guidance dept., administration and teachers communicate which is not always the case. The school is a good size nto too big but not too small. I hope the next 3 years are as good.

Posted September 24, 2008
A far cry from the Jr School, who completely ignored my daughters IEP. So far so good at MHS. My child requires special services and so far I am extremely pleased. The In class support teacher for LA already called to let me know how well things are going and to let me know she is available if needed. I also found my daughters IEP written on an index card in her planner for easy access and it also let me know that someone is paying attention. The Madison jr school could take some pointers form the Madison High School in the area of special services.

Madison High School 1

Posted September 01, 2008
inflexible and incompetent administration. Generally unhelpfull at best. Spare the student spoil the Principal montra. Most teachers are quite good though

Posted May 15, 2008
Many good teachers, and intensive academics...on the AP track, anyway. School does have a very 'townie' feel to it, though, especially at the lower levels of academics. I wouldn't recommend it to a transfer student, honestly.

Madison High School 4

Posted June 11, 2007
School has good academic program; has recently started offering 'Middle College' credits through Fairleigh Dickinson University. The music program is outstanding. Excellent music theater, jazz bands, band and orchestra, chorus, a'capella, guitar ensemble, show band, just to name a few. Sports: baseball, track, tennis, golf, basketball, football is what I can think of. Parent involvement is excellent. Some teachers are quite outstanding.

170 Ridgedale Avenue, Madison, NJ  07940
Last modified Madison High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Madison High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top