6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 24, 2015
To everyone at Collier, I miss having my son there but am fighting to get him back. You showed him that he could succeed and finally have friends and be accepted.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 24, 2015
Love the entire staff...saw how they treated all the students....with respect, kindness and an open forum to address their needs

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 24, 2015
He was hardly ever overwhelmed by homework...and on the very rare occasions, the staff took time out of their day to help

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted November 24, 2015
My child, once shown the help and respect of the staff stepped up to every challenge given

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 24, 2015
Absolutely...the staff and students all help each other by showing respect...something they did not receive in their districts

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 24, 2015
They learned how different yet the same. My son received an award for showing compassion toward a fellow student

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 24, 2015
My son learned that he and the other students had their own "issues". Collier taught acceptance and fairness to all

Collier High School 5

Posted November 24, 2015
My son loved going to Collier Middle School. Thrived...made honor roll. The staff was always there to help him in every way possible. Unfortunately, our school district did not want to pay for this anymore and placed him in a sub standard school. Its a fight to get him back in...but he will. Love it there!

Collier High School 2

Posted October 14, 2015
Very strange environment. Staff is awful. Administration is worse. We pulled our son after they kept recommending more medication but they would not address academic issues and inherent staff issues at the school. Something is not right at this place.

Collier High School 1

Posted July 31, 2015
My son was offered admission to Collier. He is an 8th grade high functioning autism student with an aide. Collier doesn't have students with aides, but after meeting with us and my son's case manager, they offered him admission. Both Bob Szafranski, Director of Social Services and Cynthia D'Arcy, Assistant Excutive Director of Education, and Barb Raffel assured us my son could attend with a personal aide. They had him pick out classes. My son was so very happy and excited to make the transition to Collier. With an autism spectrum child, transitions are HARD, so this was amazing. Three days later, after finding out Collier had to hire his aide, Mr. Szafranski, called to refuse his admission. My son didn't speak for two days. I don't know how a special ed facility can respond to at risk kids in such a manner and I remain appalled. My son asked me to call Mr. Szafranski to ask if he could attend without an aide, offering to take classes in the summer in typing so he could do his own notetaking. I called. My call was not returned. It's a beautiful place, Collier, but we were treated atrociously.

Po Box 300, Marlboro Township, NJ  07765