6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Love the entire staff...saw how they treated all the students....with respect, kindness and an open forum to address their needs

Amount of homework: Agree

He was hardly ever overwhelmed by homework...and on the very rare occasions, the staff took time out of their day to help

Develops character: Strongly agree

My son learned that he and the other students had their own "issues". Collier taught acceptance and fairness to all

My son loved going to Collier Middle School. Thrived...made honor roll. The staff was always there to help him in every way possible. Unfortunately, our school district did not want to pay for this anymore and placed him in a sub standard school. Its a fight to get him back in...but he will. Love it there!

Very strange environment. Staff is awful. Administration is worse. We pulled our son after they kept recommending more medication but they would not address academic issues and inherent staff issues at the school. Something is not right at this place.

My son was offered admission to Collier. He is an 8th grade high functioning autism student with an aide. Collier doesn't have students with aides, but after meeting with us and my son's case manager, they offered him admission. Both Bob Szafranski, Director of Social Services and Cynthia D'Arcy, Assistant Excutive Director of Education, and Barb Raffel assured us my son could attend with a personal aide. They had him pick out classes. My son was so very happy and excited to make the transition to Collier. With an autism spectrum child, transitions are HARD, so this was amazing. Three days later, after finding out Collier had to hire his aide, Mr. Szafranski, called to refuse his admission. My son didn't speak for two days. I don't know how a special ed facility can respond to at risk kids in such a manner and I remain appalled. My son asked me to call Mr. Szafranski to ask if he could attend without an aide, offering to take classes in the summer in typing so he could do his own notetaking. I called. My call was not returned. It's a beautiful place, Collier, but we were treated atrociously.

My son attends this school and it has been transformational. The school service students who are not able to learn well in public school settings - they offer small classes, excellent teachers and great counseling services. Tuition is paid by our school district because the students all have IEPs.

collier has done so many great things for me, including supporting me through my hard times and celebrating in my triumphs both in and out of school. its just a wonderful place to be. the teachers and faculty do everything they can to help the students. and since its a very small school you get a chance to familiarize and get to know the staff on a more personal note. it truly has helped me grow.

Last modified Collier High School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12