PK-4|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Our daughter has been at MMA for three years now. We are extremely happy with the full experience we are receiving. Re: The curriculum...the traditional Montessori way of 'no homework' is followed. Our daughter brings home posters and projects which are completed in addition to everyday curricular. For example, after studying South America, she drew the continent's outline and labeled all the countries within. Re: The staff...Miss Carmella is the face of the front office. She treats everyone with respect and doesn't seem to get frazzled when typical organized chaos ensues. Over the years, we have had wonderful experiences with the teachers. Miss Lisa, Miss Caroline and Miss Regina have all given our daughter the tools and foundation needed to be a successful student. Currently, she is working above grade level and really enjoys going to school! Re: The grounds/classrooms... The impressive campus consists of two buildings secured by fencing. The pool and splash ground is mainly used for summer camp, of which we have no experiences to share. Pick-up and drop-off couldn't be made easier. Any parents with siblings/infant carriers can appreciate the 'drop-off and drive thru' system. This is where Miss Gail greets us with a smile and opens the car door to personally escort our daughter inside. The classrooms are good in size, clean and well-maintained. In addition to regular maintenance, we are told that Mr. and Mrs. Avery dedicate part of their budget each year to fully renovate at least one classroom per year. We highly recommend coming to see all that this almost 40 year school has to offer. Thank you, MMA!

Develops character: Strongly agree

I do feel this way, all of the children learn that dishonesty will not get them to good places, and that everyone should be fair towards one another.

I am a current employee at the Marlboro Montessori and I have had nothing but good experiences, and memories here. All of the staff act professional, and make for a very comfortable working environment. -Ms.Fleurina

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They encourage respect to all people and things. Their conflict resolution is outstanding and bullying is a zero tolerance issue.

Before I moved to Holmdel, NJ I first researched if there was a good Montessori school located close to the home I was thinking of buying. After finding and touring Marlboro Montessori Academy, I knew I had found the perfect school for my daughter. My 3 year old daughter spoke primarily Russian at home and I was scared that she would have a difficult time with the transition to an English-speaking school. The staff at Marlboro Montessori was so caring and supportive that Mariela adjusted within days and did not even want to come home! The best way to describe Marlboro Montessori is by comparing it to an old established garden. The structure, organization, teachers, land, etc... are well developed and fine tuned to the needs of the kids and their families. I am a picky parent and I just could not be happier and neither can my daughter. Even with her lack of English she made friends quickly as the kids here are raised "right" , with kindness, understanding, and most importantly respect. Respect is a constant theme here. From the teachers to the kids and vice versa and the teachers/staff to the parents. The equipment and classrooms are clean and non-cluttered. A true montessori school in the middle of farm land and with the henry Hudson Trail in its own backyard! The owner grew up in the farm next door and has dedicated her life to making Marlboro Montessori the best school it can be. there is nothing comparable in the surrounding areas. This summer they are adding a water-park-like splash pad in addition to their existing swimming pool , arts and crafts hut and amazing playground area. I have only been here 6 months and I intend to keep my daughter here and send my little one once she is old enough.

I cannot say enough good things about Marlboro Montessori Academy. My two children started at MMA over a year ago, they are 2 and 4, and in one year I have seen a world of difference in their knowledge, their confidence and their overall curiosity and interest in learning. I had a bad experience with my daughter at a non-Montessori school prior to MMA and I am so glad we switched. Their method has been so refreshing and works so much better than any conventional methods that I have seen. My two year old knows more than my 3 year old did at the end of last year. Their key to success is their teachers. I love the teachers at MMA! They have been so wonderful with my children. They are so good with the children, they are extremely knowledgable and most importantly, they know how to work with a child's strength and weaknesses. They really do tailor teaching to the individual to ensure each student gets the most out of their time in the classroom. The mixed age group classes have also been so good on so many levels. I highly recommend this school. The academics could not be better and your kids will be taken care of by very loving, caring teachers.

This is the place where your kids will never feel they are away from home! I have two boys, 4 and 5, and they used to go to a Russian child care. In the summer we decided it was time for them to move on and start learning English. We went through every single school in the neighborhood. We had to make sure our kids would get that special attention and their transition would be easy. Montessori was the perfect choice. Kids started to attend the camp in July and it was fantastic! I was amazed how the boys could enjoy the camp without understanding English. It is the atmosphere, the people, the owners, the approach - all this make the experience amazing and unforgettable. My kids still talk about the fun they had by swimming in the pool, having ice-cream parties and bunch of other things they did in camp September came and school started. While they are still learning English they absolutely LOVE going to school. They love their teachers, they love everyone there. They learn things at the kindergarten and pre-school age that I remember learning in 3rd grade of my elementary school. I can see the boys developing and growing to be kind and caring people, and I see a lot is coming from school. My older one had a birthday and we brought the cupcakes to school and before the kids started to have the treat the teachers sang a song with them about thanking for everything they have in their lives. It brought tears to my eyes. It is so important that they are taught to be thankful along with other important things; at times, we as parents being always busy, forget how critical it is to teach them these things. It was amazing what my kids learn about animals, trees, continents. They teach them respect and one of the most important things I don't have to worry what they do and how their day is going: they are loved and are cared for. What else does a mother need? ABSOLUTELY recommend this place for every child. It is worth every penny and every minute spent their is a step up for my boys. I am so thankful for this place and these wonderful amazing owners and teachers. If I could give the school a 10 I would. I tried another academy for them a while ago for about a month and it was a disaster, although kids were with teachers who spoke their language. Montessori is the best out there. My kids are happy and my husband and I know the boys are at the best place ever.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The kids are taught to respect one another and taught to be thankful and kind

I can't say enough good things about this school. My little one began school here and LOVES IT!!! We can see a tremendous change in the past few weeks since School made special arrangements by opening a afternoon class with Ms Dipika; so our child could be ready for next school year. Everyday he is excited to go the school and comes home with new challenging lesson learnt. We are impressed every day with the individualized attention which includes Academic learning, problem solving skills , discipline with nurturing given to our children. If you are looking for a preschool in/near this area - I wouldn't consider anywhere but this school.

My two daughters started attending Marlboro Montessori Academy (MMA) from 2013 (at the age of 3.5 and 4.5 years old). The results have been amazing. This school have very strong academic and theatre arts programs. The teachers are genuinely caring, dedicated and inspirational. Both the children loves to go to school everyday. Prior to MMA, both children only speaks Mandarin. The younger child has separation anxiety in the first few days but quickly got over it. The older child has transformed from a shy child to a child who loves to perform on the stage, in front of a large audience. Both their reading, writing and problem solving skills are also phenomenal. Thanks to all the teachers who made this possible. We heard from many parents that their children performed very well when they transition from MMA to the public school system.

Last modified Marlboro Montessori Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-4