PK-4|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

We have had a wonderful experience. My son started kindergarten here and is in first grade now. He loves all the teachers and the staff. The school focuses not only on academics but also individual's personal growth with creative class projects and stage performances. It's amazing to watch all little kids with so much confidence and respect for each other. I would highly recommend Marlboro Montessori as a child's first school for a strong foundation.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are truly Exceptional and set this school apart!

This is our first year at Marlboro Montessori School. Our son is in the elementary class and we could not be happier that we chose this school for him. He is excited and happy to go to school EVERY single day. Miss Regina is a truly exceptional teacher who has a special gift to teach children in a way that is stimulating, challenging and fun at the same time. She is a motivated teacher AND motivates her students to each do their own personal best. She has encouraged my son to do his best. The school hires caring, kind, smart, experienced professional teachers and staff that have a sincere passion for young childhood education. This is what sets this school apart from other programs. From the moment you drop your child off with Miss Gail, you will feel warmth and genuine concern toward your child. The director, Miss Carmela is always present and on-site and greets everyone with a personal smile. Although the school has many students, the staff and teachers know each student and family. Another important aspect of the school is that it fosters a very positive sense of community. The children are encouraged to work together and be kind and respectful to each other. I have been impressed to see how nicely all the students in my son's class get along with each other and encourage and support each other. This school is OUTSTANDING! We wish we had enrolled our son sooner! We look forward to enrolling our younger daughter! MMA-Thank you for doing such an amazing job! Our family is grateful for all that you do in nurturing our child:)

Both my children attend MMA and started in their earliest classroom. We have nothing but wonderful things to say about the staff at this school. They treat our children like they truly care for them and both our girls have done incredibly well because of the nurturing environment they create here. They have made us feel like we are an important part of their program and that they value our relationship with them. We would (and do!) recommend this school to anyone who is looking to have the same positive experiences we do.

Our daughter has been at MMA for three years now. We are extremely happy with the full experience we are receiving. Re: The curriculum...the traditional Montessori way of 'no homework' is followed. Our daughter brings home posters and projects which are completed in addition to everyday curricular. For example, after studying South America, she drew the continent's outline and labeled all the countries within. Re: The staff...Miss Carmella is the face of the front office. She treats everyone with respect and doesn't seem to get frazzled when typical organized chaos ensues. Over the years, we have had wonderful experiences with the teachers. Miss Lisa, Miss Caroline and Miss Regina have all given our daughter the tools and foundation needed to be a successful student. Currently, she is working above grade level and really enjoys going to school! Re: The grounds/classrooms... The impressive campus consists of two buildings secured by fencing. The pool and splash ground is mainly used for summer camp, of which we have no experiences to share. Pick-up and drop-off couldn't be made easier. Any parents with siblings/infant carriers can appreciate the 'drop-off and drive thru' system. This is where Miss Gail greets us with a smile and opens the car door to personally escort our daughter inside. The classrooms are good in size, clean and well-maintained. In addition to regular maintenance, we are told that Mr. and Mrs. Avery dedicate part of their budget each year to fully renovate at least one classroom per year. We highly recommend coming to see all that this almost 40 year school has to offer. Thank you, MMA!

Develops character: Strongly agree

I do feel this way, all of the children learn that dishonesty will not get them to good places, and that everyone should be fair towards one another.

I am a current employee at the Marlboro Montessori and I have had nothing but good experiences, and memories here. All of the staff act professional, and make for a very comfortable working environment. -Ms.Fleurina

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They encourage respect to all people and things. Their conflict resolution is outstanding and bullying is a zero tolerance issue.

Before I moved to Holmdel, NJ I first researched if there was a good Montessori school located close to the home I was thinking of buying. After finding and touring Marlboro Montessori Academy, I knew I had found the perfect school for my daughter. My 3 year old daughter spoke primarily Russian at home and I was scared that she would have a difficult time with the transition to an English-speaking school. The staff at Marlboro Montessori was so caring and supportive that Mariela adjusted within days and did not even want to come home! The best way to describe Marlboro Montessori is by comparing it to an old established garden. The structure, organization, teachers, land, etc... are well developed and fine tuned to the needs of the kids and their families. I am a picky parent and I just could not be happier and neither can my daughter. Even with her lack of English she made friends quickly as the kids here are raised "right" , with kindness, understanding, and most importantly respect. Respect is a constant theme here. From the teachers to the kids and vice versa and the teachers/staff to the parents. The equipment and classrooms are clean and non-cluttered. A true montessori school in the middle of farm land and with the henry Hudson Trail in its own backyard! The owner grew up in the farm next door and has dedicated her life to making Marlboro Montessori the best school it can be. there is nothing comparable in the surrounding areas. This summer they are adding a water-park-like splash pad in addition to their existing swimming pool , arts and crafts hut and amazing playground area. I have only been here 6 months and I intend to keep my daughter here and send my little one once she is old enough.

I cannot say enough good things about Marlboro Montessori Academy. My two children started at MMA over a year ago, they are 2 and 4, and in one year I have seen a world of difference in their knowledge, their confidence and their overall curiosity and interest in learning. I had a bad experience with my daughter at a non-Montessori school prior to MMA and I am so glad we switched. Their method has been so refreshing and works so much better than any conventional methods that I have seen. My two year old knows more than my 3 year old did at the end of last year. Their key to success is their teachers. I love the teachers at MMA! They have been so wonderful with my children. They are so good with the children, they are extremely knowledgable and most importantly, they know how to work with a child's strength and weaknesses. They really do tailor teaching to the individual to ensure each student gets the most out of their time in the classroom. The mixed age group classes have also been so good on so many levels. I highly recommend this school. The academics could not be better and your kids will be taken care of by very loving, caring teachers.

Last modified Marlboro Montessori Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-4