9-12 & Ungraded
Matawan, NJ
Students enrolled: 3,031

Posted March 31, 2014
OBHS has become one of the top public high schools in the region. For the student who wishes to excel, there are so many classes to choose from, whether the interest is in arts or sciences. The instructors prepare the students for the rigors of college and the students are getting accepted at the top universities in the country. The number of clubs, activities, and athletics available is unsurpassed. The recent change in principal and superintendent of schools, show a dedication to the students of Old Bridge. I wish I had had the opportunities my children have when I went to high school.

Old Bridge High School 1

Posted August 14, 2012
My son goes to this school, and there are a handful of teachers that are really good. Most of them are older and they only care about one thing their paycheck. The principal that just left the school was not a good principal, he never addressed the parents and if you had a problem he would not return your call or email. As far as the Vice Principals there are way too many, they have one female, I called on 3 different occassions and never recieved a call back. I know how they get these jobs it is all politics, but come on, they should atleast have to do the job once they get it. I can not wait until my son graduates and we are out of this school.

Old Bridge High School 3

Posted July 12, 2010
Overall the school is ok but, does not offer the challenge and direction a child needs to excel or prepare for the top universities. My parents were both immigrants and were new to the college experience with respect to applications, essays, etc., OBHS did not properly prepare juniors for the prep that goes into getting college ready.

Old Bridge High School 4

Posted March 21, 2010
As much I said I disliked school, I'd rather have gone to Old Bridge High School than any other school. We have the BEST school spirit all year round, the best student activities, and of course the best sports!!

Posted September 27, 2009
As far as academics go, the school offers exceptional courses that can challenge the student as much or as little as he would like to be challenged. After four years at Old Bridge H.S. and having been accepted to my top three schools (Cornell, UPenn, and Hopkins) I can honestly say that the demand and rigor of the Honors and AP courses prepared me for the college classes that I am now taking at Cornell.

Old Bridge High School 0

Posted September 19, 2009
Our schools offer great opportunities for our children and they care what happens to their furture's

Posted August 12, 2009

Old Bridge High School 2

Posted June 03, 2009
I have 2 children in the HS . I find if you are looking for special eduaction its a good HS , otherwise they have low test scores and have been a school in need for several years now. Im not a fan of the the 12 period schedule , there is less learning time , especially when the class dont settle down for 10 min. I have a freshman who I am transferring out to private school.

Posted March 09, 2009

Old Bridge High School 4

Posted January 09, 2009

Old Bridge High School
4209 Route 516, Matawan, NJ  07747
Last modified Old Bridge High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Old Bridge High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top