Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The school experience is an average one due to the population of students per teacher. Communication is current with regards to texting and calls, but urgency levels are down with regard to teachers discussing issues with parents

This school is great because my experience as a parent has been comforting knowing that my child for the past four years has succeeded. The teachers go a long way to provide great education to our kids, the staff help our kids get through their day to day and organize them in ways to prepare for their futures. School is great! GO KNIGHTS!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are very effective here at Old Bridge High School and I know this because my daughter just graduated from there and I've seen first hand how well they teach. They care for the kids, they never quit on them. They stand united with an open-door policy and open arms to help students achieve and prepare them to remain achievers in life. DO THE RIGHT THING is their motto and its an awesome school. May be a big school but its great! GO KNIGHTS!

I've had 1 child graduate from OBHS and went to college where he is now on Deans List, with an interest in teaching. My 2nd child was quite different and successfully signed her self out of OBHS when she was old enough. I have 2 younger children now Sophomore and Junior attending OBHS. 4 children, different interests and different approaches to things, allows me to look at the school objectively. While many of the teachers are steadfast in their ways and plain stubborn, there are those exceptions that really care. The principal is one that does his very best for the students, while at the same time considerring the staff. My overall opinion of the school is good, because education doesn't solely remain the responsibility of the teachers, it is mostly that of the students with participation from the parents. Basically, you get what you give. I like all the sports and activities that the school offers, keeping the children focused and always doing something. Overall, a good rating

My daughter is almost done with her freshman year in the GNC building and I can't wait! This entire school year has been draining both emotionally and physically. The teachers here are burnt out and have seem to have lost their passion for teaching. They lose papers, don't enter grades and overall have a poor attitude towards the students and parents. Prior to my daughter attending this school she went to the nearby middle school, Carl Sandburg and although our experience wasn't as bad we weren't prepared for what was yet to come. My daughter has always managed good grades and had been referred to the honor roll a number of times including being placed in honors classes in another school district . Since she started school in Old Bridge District that has all changed. In conclusion, my experience is our own and hopefully if you plan on sending your child here they won't have the same bad luck. Note to parents just because a school is rated high doesn't mean it's going to be the best fit for your child.

As a parent OBHS is a great school. As far as the extracurricular activities go...there are many. . All in all a great school with so much to offer.

OBHS has become one of the top public high schools in the region. For the student who wishes to excel, there are so many classes to choose from, whether the interest is in arts or sciences. The instructors prepare the students for the rigors of college and the students are getting accepted at the top universities in the country. The number of clubs, activities, and athletics available is unsurpassed. The recent change in principal and superintendent of schools, show a dedication to the students of Old Bridge. I wish I had had the opportunities my children have when I went to high school.

My son goes to this school, and there are a handful of teachers that are really good. Most of them are older and they only care about one thing their paycheck. The principal that just left the school was not a good principal, he never addressed the parents and if you had a problem he would not return your call or email. As far as the Vice Principals there are way too many, they have one female, I called on 3 different occassions and never recieved a call back. I know how they get these jobs it is all politics, but come on, they should atleast have to do the job once they get it. I can not wait until my son graduates and we are out of this school.

Overall the school is ok but, does not offer the challenge and direction a child needs to excel or prepare for the top universities. My parents were both immigrants and were new to the college experience with respect to applications, essays, etc., OBHS did not properly prepare juniors for the prep that goes into getting college ready.

As much I said I disliked school, I'd rather have gone to Old Bridge High School than any other school. We have the BEST school spirit all year round, the best student activities, and of course the best sports!!

Last modified Old Bridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.