9-12 & Ungraded
Medford, NJ
Students enrolled: 1,622

Shawnee High School 5

Posted August 26, 2013
Shawnee was one of the main reasons I succeeded in college, and now as a professional. Although I was not one of the best students in High School, Mediocre at best, Shawnee had prepared me for all that I was to encounter in life. I do agree that the honor students, and athletes are praised above the average students such as myself. However, there were those educators who went above and beyond for all of their students no matter what. Two of which Mrs. Lyras the German/Spanish teacher whom I had taken for 3 years. She was not only involved in every way possible, but she worked tirelessly to engage all students and to help them succeed in their goals. The other is Mrs. Serdynski. I had taken Mrs. Serdynski for Freshman Science, and throughout my four years at Shawnee, she was always the friendliest of faculty members. Even after not having me for three years, was still interested in me as a senior, and what I was doing. Thank you to both of you. You are inspirations to me in that I only want to be as passionate with my career as you two are about yours.

Posted June 04, 2013
We just recently moved to the area and my daughter is in her first year at Shawnee. She really seems to like it. Maybe not the best, but certainly one of the better schools in the area based on the reseach I've done.

Posted October 14, 2012
Shawnee has challenging programs available and teachers who are involved and concerned for students and progress. Of course there are always teachers that instruct and go home, but that is not the standard at Shawnee. There are plenty of hobby & academic clubs in addition to well coached sports programs for all seasons. We've been very happy with the education offered --it's why we chose Medford to live!

Shawnee High School 0

Posted March 24, 2010
I agree that this school falls far short when it comes to the average learner. Sports-minded and AP honor students are celebrated - dare I say, catered to, and the average kids are pretty much on their own. Most teachers try to remain distant,uninvolved. It's a shame. My child and I had difficulty with one teacher and my requests for assistance from administration fell on deaf ears. She as much as told me she was wasn't interested in teaching kids who needed even occasional additional help. My younger children will go to private school.

Shawnee High School 3

Posted September 15, 2009

Shawnee High School 2

Posted June 01, 2009
This school fails to meet the needs of all learners. It caters to two types of learners - the very intelligent and the student with learners disabilities. It you student does not fall into either of those two categories you're out of luck. The teachers are not interested in teaching students - they teach a subject and not very well. The only thing I can say good about this school is the principal is great. very professional and involved. If your child is an athlete, this is your school also, but if you have an average learner that needs a teacher to be more involved - run in the other direction, these teachers don't care about the students.

Shawnee High School 0

Posted September 16, 2008
All 4 of my children attended Shawnee High School. The Principal, teachers and coaches were all wonderful. Never had one single problem. Great School! Mrs. Margaret Kelly , form. Medford Lakes, NJ

Shawnee High School 1

Posted February 17, 2008
Students do not get the help they need even when they try to meet with their teacher. Seems teachers have better things to do than teach!

Posted May 04, 2007
- a former student
I am a former student of Shawnee. If not for the care, support, professionalism and individual help I received through the special education department I know I would not be where I am today. The sports programs are not only excellent but a lot about life can be learned through the positive coaching staff. There was always something for everyone to be involved whether it was theater, art, athletics or just a friendly teacher to talk to.

Posted May 31, 2006
This school is one that many will go one to college after graduating. It looks excellent on colleges, many like to see Shawnee alumni. One downfall would be the lack of diversity, not many students have experienced the world outside of Medford. With diversity in this school it would be excellent.

Shawnee High School
600 Tabernacle Road, Medford, NJ  08055
Last modified Shawnee High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shawnee High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top