Mercerville, NJ

Posted February 24, 2014
We are so glad that we found Our Lady of Sorrows for our kids. We were looking for a private Catholic school in the Hamilton area since it was convenient for our jobs. We toured other schools but really fell in love with this one. The facilities are nice, safe and clean. The school has a music class where kids actually learn to play instruments. The gym is gorgeous and fully stocked with PE equipment. The campus has nice playing fields for sports and a playground for the younger kids. I was happy to see that kids are learning on iPads as well as regular computers. What I really like is that the Principal knows all the kids by name. He is very nice and really takes an interest in them. The school isn t so big where students get lost in the crowd every child is important. This school also has a very friendly, family atmosphere. Parents are very kind and welcoming and everyone looks out for each other. It even has daycare for infants/toddlers which most schools don t have and my daughter has so much fun there! We are really happy with OLS!

Posted May 16, 2013
OLS school is an outstanding place that offers a well-rounded and rigorous education. My children fly into the building each day. They love their time there. The atmosphere is family-like with a caring atmosphere. The teachers are involved and supportive. The entire school offers a student group that interact and care about each other. The principal is responsive and well involved in the education of every child. We are so happy to have made the decision to enroll our children at OLS.

Posted December 29, 2012
My daughter started here this fall and i couldn't be happier. The principal is great and will listen and the children like him alot. I really like that all the teachers are enthusiastic and you can feel the caring in the school. It has gone better then i had hoped.

Our Lady Of Sorrows School 4

Posted August 14, 2012
Hello, I was thinking of enrolling my daughter in the grade school. I don't see any recent reviews - would love to hear from anyone who has children in this school. I didn't grow up in this area so would love some feedback! thx

Posted February 11, 2010

Our Lady Of Sorrows School 0

Posted June 10, 2009
OLS is a fantastic school! I have had children in the school since 1995. There have been a number of of very good changes in the school over the past 14 years. The teachers are top notch with very impressive credentials. I have never had a problem with a teacher or the principle. They listen to your concerns and act in the best interest of the child and family. I am very pleased with the education my children receive from the acamedic, religious and moral aspects. The school is well worth the money!

Posted May 12, 2009

Our Lady Of Sorrows School 1

Posted March 30, 2009

Our Lady Of Sorrows School 3

Posted January 23, 2009
My children have been attending OLS for 3 years. While Mrs. Bascik was the Principal, everything ran much smoother. Parents, teachers, and students all respected her and loved her. The new Principal does not seem to have earned anyone's respect. Teacher morale is down, & students don't seem to have a very good repoire with her. I know from personal experience that she is very difficult to deal with. She has a tendancy to not listen to what you are trying to say, has no respect for your opinion, and often times will actually argue a point to death, versus taking the time to 'really' listen to what a parent is trying to say. Close-minded is the term I'm looking for here. Most teachers are excellent. Some need to be considering retirement as they seem to not enjoy their jobs (or our children) much anymore. Considering public school for next year.

Our Lady Of Sorrows School 0

Posted August 05, 2008
OLS is an awesome school. All of the teachers are NJ Certified and have years of experience teaching. These teachers raise the academic bar in the classrooms. Our children are definitely prepared for high school. The technology program is incredible since the new teacher took over and revitalized the course integrating technology into the curriculum. This is an A+ school.

Our Lady Of Sorrows School
3800 E State Street Extension, Mercerville, NJ  08619
Last modified Our Lady Of Sorrows School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Our Lady Of Sorrows School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top