K-5 & Ungraded
Middletown, NJ

Posted June 13, 2012
My son attended KG at Nut Swamp, we put him in private school (BIG mistake) and are putting him back in Nut Swamp for 2nd grade. I love the environment, the office staff is phenomenal, and the teachers are wonderful, especially his KG teacher. I have found the other parents to be warm and welcoming, and see a lot of parent involvement which lends to the nurturing environment at the school. My son really loved this school, and can't wait to start 2nd grade in the fall!

Posted July 22, 2011
We have had a wonderful experience at NutSwamp. I have found the teachers to be very eager to help and always available when I needed to speak with them. While homework often does consist of a printed homework sheet, they also have had project assignments and book reports to be done in creative ways. There are also numerous grade level enrichment programs such as Understanding Disablilties and Project Pride which are done throughout the school year. The parents are very involved in PTA and school events. I find it to be a great school with a great staff!

Posted March 30, 2011
Both my children are enrolled in Nut Swamp and I feel it is wonderful! As a mother with a degree in Education, I can honestly say I am impressed with staff and the parents. The parental support is unbelievable. Very impressed with the new principal too!

Nut Swamp Elementary School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
My granddaughter is in 3rd grade and has received excellent support from her teachers

Posted July 02, 2010
Both my children attended Nut Swamp and loved it. I've found almost all the teachers to be extremely caring and always accessible when you have a concern. One of my children had a classified learning disability and I credit the special ed teachers there with helping him to overcome his disability and to go on to being a non classified honor student.

Nut Swamp Elementary School 1

Posted March 06, 2009
I would agree with the other reviews that said this is a very inhospitable, cold school. I wish I had done some more research when moving to Monmouth County. If I read some of these reviews as well as researched the school rankings of the Middletown school system, I would have moved to Holmdel instead. Now we're stuck with Nut Swamp and its cold staff unless we send our child to private school.

Nut Swamp Elementary School 1

Posted February 27, 2009
While the school has a fantastic parent base that goes above and beyond for the kids, I wouldn't say the same about the teachers. Important concepts are gone over quickly and if the children don't learn it then, they are out of luck. I have no problem with helping my child learn the concepts in an in depth manner but it's to the point that I may as well homeschool her because she is getting much more from me than she is with the glazing over the topics from9 to 3.

Nut Swamp Elementary School 0

Posted September 18, 2008
Not at all impressed with NutSwamp. I agree with another reviewer...worksheet after worksheet and just moving along. No care shown that kids really LEARN it. Two thumbs down.

Posted June 19, 2008
I am a retired Nut Swamp teacher.I worked in the district for 33 years.I was fortunate to work my last 16 years at Nut Swamp. I had never met a more caring, professional staff'. My own children went there and received a wonderful education. Their dedication goes far beyond their work day!

Posted April 14, 2008
My son's in his second year at Nutswamp, and so far we've had an excellent experience. Last year's teacher was more strict, but my son just loves this year's teacher. He loves going to school now, and is doing really, really well academically. I guess it makes a big difference which teacher your kid gets - not all teachers are 'the best', and sometimes you get a great one, and sometimes you get a not-so-great one. I have no complaints yet, though.

Nut Swamp Elementary School
925 Nut Swamp Road, Middletown, NJ  07748
Last modified Nut Swamp Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nut Swamp Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top