No rating

Christian Brothers Academy

Private | 9-12 | 955 students

Living in Middletown

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $500,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,420.

Posted July 11, 2013

Chirstian Brothers Academy is more than just a place for freshly minted middle school grads to continue the next four years of education. It is an institution which provides the impetus for young men to truly grow into hardworking and upstanding individuals. CBA exscels above the rest, because it provides a challenging enviroment full of dedicated teachers and admits only motivated students who have proven they have what it takes. It is a unique school with a strong commitment to academic achievement, athletic ability and personal growth. The success of its' alumni, dating back over 50 years is a testament to what sets it apart from public schools and private schools alike. Make no mistake, four years at CBA is no walk in the park. As an incoming Freshman you are tested on summer reading, and you will take part in the Freshman run, a class wide tradition truly unique to the school. You will be challenged with honors & AP courses, and motivated to work harder than you have before. It would be wrong to forget the wonderful campus that CBA is based on. With nearly 153 acres, the school provides ample space for all extracurriculur activites and athletic events.

Posted June 19, 2013

I attended CBA for four years while living in Eatontown and graduated in 1984. The current principal, Mr. Santanello, was 1 of 2 Vice-Principals at that time. My freshman year was quite an adjustment from my 8th Grade at a Catholic School due to the significant increase in homework. My sophomore and junior years were also quite academically challenging. My senior year was noticeably easier but this is probably the case with most high schools. I highly recommend CBA. My only concern in retrospect was I thought the school could have done more to help me develop social skills. When I began my freshman year, I had lived in three different towns the three previous years. My parents for some reason sought help from our local public school system after school hours to address this issue. I am not sure help was available at that time from CBA. If your child is well set socially given this is an all-boys school, I can't think of a better place in central NJ than CBA. One Santanello story: I once was removed by him from homeroom after running into the classroom to beat the bell. Only one foot beat the bell and he held me accountable. I have rarely been late for anything since.

Posted November 21, 2012

I attended this school in 1967. I was beaten and slapped around by Brother Paul in Latin class almost daily as were other students. If I was called on in class and didn't know the answer I was slapped punched or pushed. Other Brothers also did this but not like Brother Paul. I had to transfer to Asbury Park H.S. but it affected me. When I was called upon to read in class I would get so nervous that I couldn't speak. That followed through college at Monmouth and even into Highway Patrol school in Fla. No one should go through what I went through.

Posted September 20, 2012

If you have a son....you MUST send him to CBA! It is the best school!

Posted June 27, 2012

I graduated from Christina Brothers Academy in 2005. In my opinion, this high school prepared me for college in a way I could not have imagined. There is no doubt that the education I received while attending CBA was crucial to my success at Loyola College in addition to my professional career. I would strongly recommend this school to anyone looking at high schools in the Central New Jersey area.

Posted June 6, 2012

Best school academically and athletically in New Jersey. Teachers are very passionate about what they do and care about each and every student. A great 4 years at this college prep school. It significantly helped me prepare for life and to get into the college I attended.

Posted February 11, 2010

Absolutely the bst high school in the area. The values that are instilled here are unmatched.

Posted April 20, 2008

This school, being my first choice, is a huge difference from a co-ed and public grammar school. However, I feel that it will, inevitably, help me get into any college, more so than any public school I could have gone to.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 15, 2008

I graduated from this school in 2002, and when I got to college, I felt completely prepared for the coursework, and excelled in my work. I consider my education at CBA to have been extremely valuable in my personal development.

Posted October 26, 2006

This is easily the best school in the area. Many, many students get into great colleges. It has a reputation for being one of the toughest high schools in the country.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 31, 2006

Great School. Provides an excellent education with great Christian approach.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted January 24, 2005

Had 1 graduate and went to Johns Hopkins. 2 in school now. Superb academic, prep excellent for college, teachers cover more academically than public schools. All involved in 1 of the top sports programs, numerous clubs, beautiful theatre, top education for the $. Safe, no discipline problems to deal with, highly motivated students, parents do alot to fund raise, get involved. Teachers are outstanding and motivate their students. We travel 30 miles to attend. Sons made long lasting freindships and say they LOVE the school, don't mind no girls, actually prefer since the classroom atmosphere is better without. We're not Catholic, but appreciate and respect the moral and ethical teachings the teachers and brothers have to offer. College selection/application support/process by guidance is outstanding, couldn't do without them. Graduation ceremony most beautiful I ever attended, very emotional.

Posted October 28, 2004

Coming from a public school background I was unaware at how much better a private, all boys, parochial school could be. It is extra-ordinary. It is a College Prep school. By the time you are a Junior you are writing college papers and doing college level research. As a parent I could not have asked fro more for my son. Plus the tuition is significantly lower than other 'Big' name schools like Peddie and DelBarton. But I defy them to give a better education. CBA is the gold standard for education. It should be used as a model for improving the public education system

Posted September 15, 2004

You will not find a better school than CBA. Great staff, students, and environment. Incredible sports and extracurricular programs. Could not have been more prepared for college.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted February 23, 2004

Best college prep school in Monmouth county. Great teachers and administration. Athletic programs are superlative. Great value for the $. Makes outstanding young men out of boys.

Posted September 9, 2003

The best academic and athletic school in the county by far.

Posted August 22, 2003

i love this school. The best investment we have ever made. The courses prepare the students for college. Emphasis on homework and being prepared for class. In addition the is a strict code of conduct. The extracurricular activities are excellent and the sports program is top-notch.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 9%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• All boys
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Trenton

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

850 Newman Springs Road