PK-5 & Ungraded
Millburn, NJ

Posted October 15, 2013
We were new to the town last April. Kids were transfered from NYC public school (grade 3). We heard a lot of positive comments of Millburn schools. But until I actually experienced them on the first visit to school, I realized that we have picked the correct school. The school staffs are super great helpers, friendly and response to my emails faster than I was expecting. My kids are the youngest one in the class, which made me worried about their learning process, but their teachers were quickly respond to my concerns, I felt like I'm very connected with the school just like my kids. (they came back on their 1st day of school telling me who's their number 1 best friend, who's#2..#3..). Parents in my kids class are willing to help out, and very friendly and supportive.

Posted February 27, 2013
The teachers and principal are wonderful. They truly care about the children and very open to ideas/feedback from parents. Our daughter is very happy there.

South Mountain Elementary School 2

Posted January 22, 2013
Adequate special education is definitely a problem in this school and this district. Look into the December 2012 decision against the township finding that the district failed to provide an autistic child with appropriate services. The decision is basically a summary of how the South Mountain child study team (teachers and administrators are named) and supervisors completely failed this child and by inference other children with autism and special needs.

Posted January 26, 2010
A lovely learning environment, great facilities, good leadership, and fantastic teachers; every kid is pushed hard to do better. The teachers and even parents in this community take great pains to help strive kids perform better; a very active and energized pto; all in all i am in love with this school

Posted January 27, 2009

Posted October 11, 2008

South Mountain Elementary School 4

Posted May 30, 2006

South Mountain Elementary School
2 Southern Slope Drive, Millburn, NJ  07041
Last modified South Mountain Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Mountain Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top