Bad
Good

It's a good school, the teachers are great with the students and communicate often with the parents. It's a very welcoming school and the staff strives to encourage all the kids to behave in a respectable manner.

Silver run is the best school ever I used to go to this school but I'm in 8th grade now some teachers are strict in higher grades but are all nice

I have a daughter who will be going into 5th grade this coming school year. We have had a great experienced with the school, the staff and students. Every year she has had wonderful teachers who keep her on her toes and challenges her mind. She is in GT, and that has been a great opportunity for her. The Silver Run staff keep the students in line, challenges them, and provides well for them. As for the state test scores, Silver Run is at the top. We have come a long way in a short amount of time. Must be the excellent teaching staff!! Our new principal is most fun caring, compassionate, wonderful and a great man. His well educated background and love for education does wonders for our school. On another note, I will say that the parent involvement could be better. That's what the staff and PTO are always trying to do, get the parents involved in everyway possible. We want our parents involved. It show their children they care and the staff that they take interest. If your child is going to attend Silver Run, they are in excellent hands. They will love it there!!

I have children in K and 1 at this school, and so far I am moderately impressed. Since starting at the school this year, both have made adequate gains in both Math and LAL. The Teachers are friendly and knowledgable. Unfortunately, the student population does not appear to have the support of well-educated parents. This directly effects the test scores and the learning environment. While I value the socioeconomic diversity, I understand there is only so much the school can do to combat the effects of poor nutrition, lack of meaningful home education, and economic instability. I plan to keep my children enrolled here, but with the understanding that I must continue to challenge my child in meaningful ways outside of school. They have both made good friends here, and I talk to them daily about not following or joining in any misbehavior. The principal (new, as of this writing) seems to be doing a great job. My children are engaged in the events and activities of the school. Office staff are always helpful. I have observed, however, that the school holds a TON of fundraisers. Plan to spend $20/month on fundraisers. Overall, this is a nice diverse school.

The art program at Silver Run is the best I have ever seen. They study the masters of art while creating unique pieces.

Last modified Silver Run School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.