No rating

Victory Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 95 students

Living in Monroe Township

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $175,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,065.

Posted yesterday

I attended and graduated from this school, I would liken it to a totalitarian regime reminiscent of North Korea. After I graduated, I personally had an apology from the principal for what he was forced to discipline the children. My parents have since apologized for the ultra strict, micro managing staff with a we are right and every other faith is wrong attitude. Education was always second and upon entering college I was grossly underprepared in math and English. Years later I hear why the school has closed and the allegations made against the administrators and I am not surprised. Investigate it for yourself. Start with the prosecutors office according to rumors.

Posted September 28, 2012

My children were cheated out of what should have been their happy high school years. Instead, they were taught to hate school. They were taught what it was like to be looked down on because you had the wrong last name. I truly believe the best thing for the students that remained was for the the school to close. This was the most poorly administrated school I have ever encountered. Those responsible are still in positions of authority at the church (Open Bible Baptist Church). I would never recommend this opressive church to anyone.

Posted September 6, 2012

I have went to VCS until sixth grade. I always had good grades and usually was in the Pastor's list- meaning I had straight A's for the entire school year. In VCS, recently, the students have been transferring to others schools and the teachers also. My parents wanted me to transfer to other school when they recognized that the students were transferring. I love that in VCS, we were able to hear stories of the Bible everyday and memorize bible verses once a week. I now go to a magnet school in Philadelphia, PA, called GAMP. The things like history, health, science helped me in the new school, but not math completely.

Posted September 2, 2010

Our children attanded VCS and we as parents were very disappointed in the overall atmoshere of the school. Some of the staff taught their subjects well while others regularly were late for class (if they even showed up). There was also far too much favoritism being shown to some students (and families), to the detriment of the rest of the students. I would not recommend VCS as a good option for private Christian Shool.

Posted August 10, 2010

I went to VCS for 8 years. As a child attending VCS I learned to hate school more than anything else. After school I would have to spend all my time indoors studying while watching all my friends outside playing, and I never understud why they also got better grades. I admit I did learn more then the students that went to public schools but while they were enjoying school, and gaining characteristics to make it in th real world I was really turning out to be a wimp and sence i already hated school college was out of the quection. For my 10th grade year I begged my parents to let me go to a public school and they did and without being yelled at, beat, and punished all the time i made the honor role for the first time in my life.

Posted July 23, 2010

I sent my daughter to kindergarten at VCS. I was amazed at the amount of information she was taught and very pleased with curriculumn for the kindergarten class. She was expected to do homework every night to learn her sounds and assist with her reading. My husband and I chose the christian eduction because we realize the importance of ensuring that our children are brought up with Jesus Christ as the center of their lives. She was taught a lot of scriptures as well as biblical principals. It's amazing when a 5 year old can recite all of Psalm 100 and Psalm 25. Each week there was a new verse to memorize and that also allowed me to learn scriptures as well. I'm exicted for the upcoming school year and to see the changes that may come as a result of the new Pastor and leader of the school.

Posted March 31, 2010

My children attended VCS and I was very disappointed in the preferential treatment received by some students. They were allowed to speak and treat the teachers disrespectfully. They were also given privileges that all students didn't receive. The school is full of politics and if your not on the in you and your children suffer. Teachers are not held accountable to teach the entire curriculum and many books are not completed and the students are short changed academically. It is obvious the administration is not checking to see if the teachers are completing the curriculum. When you are paying for your child's eduction you expect them to receive a better education so that they will leave prepared in all subjects. There are some teachers doing an excellent job in the subjects they teach but VCS needs all teachers to be doing an excellent job.

Posted March 5, 2010

As an educator at VCS and parent of two graduates, I strongly recommend VCS. Having worked in public education and watching students pushed through the system, it is refreshing to see the discipline, combined with strong challenging academics, and love for the Lord Jesus all in one package. My children are now in strong Christian colleges and were able to advance because of the quality education. Is it perfect? No, but neither are we. If your child is not prepared to work hard, enjoy a full sports and music eduction program, learn discipline and follow Biblical principles presented through the love of the Lord Jesus Christ, do not send your child there.

Posted January 19, 2010

Everything about this school was sub-par. There are much better options out there.

Posted August 1, 2009

Victory is a school where I taught and my children attended. They are full of politics and very little christian caring and the academics are second rate. The leadership at the school is the biggest problems.

Posted February 16, 2007

My 14 year old son has been attending Victory since K. It has been a great experience in every way. The teachers have always gone out of their way to help, and the overall school environment is one that makes education #1. My son plays sports all three seasons, and I have found the coaches to be men who reinforce the things that I have tried to instill in my son. My son has been well cared for during his years at Victory.

Posted January 10, 2007

We have been involved with Victory Christian School for 10 years and all three of my children currently attend. As a small school it may not be able to offer the same programs that larger schools offer but VCS offers far more...a strong spiritual environmnet where love for Christ is clearly displayed. The faculty have pointed my children to the Lord in the classroom and out and for that I am thankful.

Posted May 31, 2006

The best quality of this school was it's diversity. I found that refreshing because most private schools are biased. My daughter met some great kids. I had my daughter enrolled for 3 years and finally pulled her out because the quality of education didn't keep up with the advancing grades. The prinicipal had very closed ideas about some subjects which were unrealistic. Parents were discussed in a negative manner if you didn't agree to his politics. Teachers were not as educated as in public schools, some had no college degrees. In the elementary years, this was not as significant but the difference became alarmingly clear once she passed 6th grade. Extracurricular activities were very limited. Assignments were censored on a riduculous level as far as pictures of other cultures. When she transferred out, almost 30% of her class did also. Enrollment seems to drop after 6th grade.

Posted March 1, 2006

My child was very unhappy in this school. I was dissatisfied with both the education offered and the attitudes of faculty and staff.

Posted February 23, 2005

All of my sons, my daughters-in-law, and all of my grandchildren attended Victory for at least part of their schooling. I am very pleased with the school. The teachers are loving and caring, well-qualified, and dedicated. The atmosphere is safe and friendly. The students are happy. The academics are good. My sons did very well in college after graduating from VCS. There is a good sports and vocal music program, but no instrumental music instruction. Parent involvement is very high. The students at Victory have always consistently placed well above average in standardized testing. I would highly recommend the school.

Posted December 9, 2004

I will not continue to send my children here. While they do provide a Christian environment. They stress discipline and morality to the point where academics are put on a backburner. It is a good environment, but my child, a recent graduate who did well at victory, now struggles with things average students of other schools have no problem with. This is a school.....teaching is the main goal.

Posted August 22, 2004

I am currently a grad student that went to V.C.S. from Pre-K through Middle school and my brother did also. I would have gladly continued. I think this school, unlike many in its area, gives children a head start on what other school are teaching. I would gladly send my kids to V.C.S., the teachers actually take time out for their students while providing a great Christian atmosphere.
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 9, 2004

I would not recomend this school I sent my daughter there and i had to remove her and home school her the school is too clicky. and meny of the children are snobbie my daughter was purposely kicked in the stomach with a soccer ball and the gym teacher is horrible

Posted February 23, 2004

I was a former graduate of V.C.S. and I would send my children there any day. The atmosphere is a pleasant, godly place to have your children taught.
—Submitted by a former student

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 9%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Dr. George W. Riddell III
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AACS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious