PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted September 16, 2014
I attended and graduated from this school, I would liken it to a totalitarian regime reminiscent of North Korea. After I graduated, I personally had an apology from the principal for what he was forced to discipline the children. My parents have since apologized for the ultra strict, micro managing staff with a we are right and every other faith is wrong attitude. Education was always second and upon entering college I was grossly underprepared in math and English. Years later I hear why the school has closed and the allegations made against the administrators and I am not surprised. Investigate it for yourself. Start with the prosecutors office according to rumors.

Posted September 28, 2012
My children were cheated out of what should have been their happy high school years. Instead, they were taught to hate school. They were taught what it was like to be looked down on because you had the wrong last name. I truly believe the best thing for the students that remained was for the the school to close. This was the most poorly administrated school I have ever encountered. Those responsible are still in positions of authority at the church (Open Bible Baptist Church). I would never recommend this opressive church to anyone.

Victory Christian School 3

Posted September 06, 2012
I have went to VCS until sixth grade. I always had good grades and usually was in the Pastor's list- meaning I had straight A's for the entire school year. In VCS, recently, the students have been transferring to others schools and the teachers also. My parents wanted me to transfer to other school when they recognized that the students were transferring. I love that in VCS, we were able to hear stories of the Bible everyday and memorize bible verses once a week. I now go to a magnet school in Philadelphia, PA, called GAMP. The things like history, health, science helped me in the new school, but not math completely.

Posted September 02, 2010
Our children attanded VCS and we as parents were very disappointed in the overall atmoshere of the school. Some of the staff taught their subjects well while others regularly were late for class (if they even showed up). There was also far too much favoritism being shown to some students (and families), to the detriment of the rest of the students. I would not recommend VCS as a good option for private Christian Shool.

Posted August 10, 2010
I went to VCS for 8 years. As a child attending VCS I learned to hate school more than anything else. After school I would have to spend all my time indoors studying while watching all my friends outside playing, and I never understud why they also got better grades. I admit I did learn more then the students that went to public schools but while they were enjoying school, and gaining characteristics to make it in th real world I was really turning out to be a wimp and sence i already hated school college was out of the quection. For my 10th grade year I begged my parents to let me go to a public school and they did and without being yelled at, beat, and punished all the time i made the honor role for the first time in my life.

Victory Christian School 4

Posted July 23, 2010
I sent my daughter to kindergarten at VCS. I was amazed at the amount of information she was taught and very pleased with curriculumn for the kindergarten class. She was expected to do homework every night to learn her sounds and assist with her reading. My husband and I chose the christian eduction because we realize the importance of ensuring that our children are brought up with Jesus Christ as the center of their lives. She was taught a lot of scriptures as well as biblical principals. It's amazing when a 5 year old can recite all of Psalm 100 and Psalm 25. Each week there was a new verse to memorize and that also allowed me to learn scriptures as well. I'm exicted for the upcoming school year and to see the changes that may come as a result of the new Pastor and leader of the school.

Posted March 31, 2010
My children attended VCS and I was very disappointed in the preferential treatment received by some students. They were allowed to speak and treat the teachers disrespectfully. They were also given privileges that all students didn't receive. The school is full of politics and if your not on the in you and your children suffer. Teachers are not held accountable to teach the entire curriculum and many books are not completed and the students are short changed academically. It is obvious the administration is not checking to see if the teachers are completing the curriculum. When you are paying for your child's eduction you expect them to receive a better education so that they will leave prepared in all subjects. There are some teachers doing an excellent job in the subjects they teach but VCS needs all teachers to be doing an excellent job.

Posted March 05, 2010
As an educator at VCS and parent of two graduates, I strongly recommend VCS. Having worked in public education and watching students pushed through the system, it is refreshing to see the discipline, combined with strong challenging academics, and love for the Lord Jesus all in one package. My children are now in strong Christian colleges and were able to advance because of the quality education. Is it perfect? No, but neither are we. If your child is not prepared to work hard, enjoy a full sports and music eduction program, learn discipline and follow Biblical principles presented through the love of the Lord Jesus Christ, do not send your child there.

Posted January 19, 2010
Everything about this school was sub-par. There are much better options out there.

Posted August 01, 2009
Victory is a school where I taught and my children attended. They are full of politics and very little christian caring and the academics are second rate. The leadership at the school is the biggest problems.

1073 New Brooklyn Road, Monroe Township, NJ  08094
Last modified Victory Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12