PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

The Montclair Kimberley Academy 1

Posted May 07, 2016
I had terrible experience at MKA, and decided to leave. If you are rich enough to donate tens of thousands of dollars a year, it will be a nice fit. outright favoritism based on donation money.

Posted June 02, 2015
Excellent staff and great sports program. Not as small (classes) as some of the private schools but good school spirit with caring teachers. A great stepping stone for ivory league entry, and also a great summer school for students attending public school who have fallen behind. The summer school can help students progress with new learning tool when they return to regular school year.

Posted August 15, 2014
great great geat great great great great great great great great great great great great

The Montclair Kimberley Academy 2

Posted October 13, 2013
This school is really not that great people need to take a step back and think about who they want their children surrounded by. This school does not produce well rounded people, but on the other hand it does produce great students who can get into great colleges.

Posted September 14, 2013
I personally am a student at MKA and I not only strive there but am continuing in my personal, and academic growth. The teachers, students, and staff are brilliant and super friendly. If someone is bullied there is someone always by your side to reach out and help you. I have been at MKA for 2 years now and learned subjects that i would of learned 2 years later at public school. I highly reccomend this school if can be afforded!

Posted June 14, 2010
Good school to place a child if can be afforded. Teachers are well qualified and keep their teaching process interesting and captivating. Very good after-school program with various types of sport activities (swimming, soccer, tennis, etc.) and clubs (Science Club, Music Band, etc.). Parent association is well organized, providing help to the teachers with trips and other engagements and ensuring fundraising support to school.

Posted March 19, 2009
Comprehensive education with great focus on the individual needs of the students. My daughter attended MKA and I was extremely pleased with her personal and academic growth. You simply can't put a price on how great her experience was.

Posted August 30, 2006
I am attending the mka right now and I am enjoying it very much. The teachers here are very talented here and know exactly what they are doing. Not only is it amazing in academics it is probally the most fun I had in school ever. I give it a five star rating, and recommend this school to all.

Posted May 30, 2006
I attended MKA from pre-K through 12th grade and I was thoroughly impressed with the level of education that I was afforded. I have noticed that I think differently than others my age. I don't feel that I am better just that I may have a wider perspective on the world at large. To be fair and honest I would have to be critical of the school as well. My only contention with this school is that I felt as if I was not exposed to the advanced mechanics of grammar until my freshman year. At that time it appeared to be the focus of the English curriculum in an effort to prepare us for our upcoming encounter with the SATs. Other than this one issue I admire and commend the sacrifice that my parents made to give me the opportunity to attend Montclair Kimberley Academy.

Posted August 05, 2005
I have been a lifetime student at MKA, and I cannot express how wonderful the school is. While the schoolwork is hard, teachers are cognizant of extracurricular activities and know that we have to balance both. The teaching is top notch; I have never ever had a bad teacher. They are available when I need help; some teachers even stay to 7 or 8 pm helping kids with work. The curriculum is intense but wonderful; we study things ranging from Beethoven s 9th symphony to Aristotle s Nicomachean Ethics. Parents are heavily involved through the Parents Association of the Montclair Kimberley Academy; they organize the largest book-fair in the US; run our Survival Shop (a food store of sorts); found trips for teachers to every part of the world; and many, many more things. MKA is truly a special place.

The Montclair Kimberley Academy
201 Valley Road, Montclair, NJ  07042
Last modified The Montclair Kimberley Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12