PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Moorestown Friends School 3

Posted June 15, 2016
Moorestown Friends Lower School has been a mixed experience for our child. After researching the core curriculum of the public schools we decided MFS would be a better fit for our academically advanced child. The academically challenging curriculum is not across the board at the Lower School. Mathematically, the curriculum was lacking. After multiple conversations it was clear that nothing was going to change. The Lower School does not practice any differentiation with students and I found this to be particularly frustrating. I was told repeatedly that fifth grade is where things become more challenging. If your child is right in the middle academically, MFS Lower School should be a nice fit. If you need differentiation on either side of the middle I think your experience will be similar to ours. Outside of the mathematics curriculum our child was happy with the teachers. The "extra" teachers (music, coding, computer, science, etc) are really wonderful and I think the students are very lucky to have such diverse choices. The community of MFS is friendly but not necessarily seeking strong friendships. Participating in pick up and drop off was helpful to get to know the parents. It was hard to schedule play dates outside of school because so many of the children have activities every day after school. We did not start with most of the children in kindergarten so there were was a group, parents and children, that was difficult to "get in" with because they had such a strong bond. Eventually our child found a few great friends. If I had the choice to make over again, I would have waited until one of the natural transitions (middle or high school) occurred so that socially it would have been easier. Overall, our experience with the Lower School has been very mixed. We ultimately decided to leave the lower school due to frustration with the curriculum. In my research for the Lower School I didn't find anything that talked about positive and negative sides of the Lower School so I hope this will be helpful.

Posted November 04, 2015
MFS provides an amazing community with a unique perspective. Kids are well prepared for the challenges of any Ivy League university. They are encouraged to think independently, write clearly, and communicate with poise and confidence in any setting.

Moorestown Friends School 1

Posted September 13, 2014
Wonderful teachers, campus and program; unfortunately I can't say the same for the students in the Middle and Upper Schools. Many of the boys constantly curse/use foul language and regularly disrupt the class and the girls are very snotty to newcomers. There are some nice students and parents but most of the parents are stuck-up, rude and self-absorbed and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Posted November 08, 2013
This is an incredible school and an incredible community. I checked out many schools before sending my daughters to this one. The teachers are incredible. All have degrees from top notch institutions, with most having impressive resumes in their fields. What's more important is the love of teaching and students that these teachers display. My daughters have been going to MFS for 6 years. I have yet to meet a teacher that wasn't excellent. All faculty and administration are extremely responsive. The parents are also very involved in their children's education. More than anything else, the children feel that they are part of a community that will be with them for the rest of their lives. If you want your children to have the best possible experience throughout their formative years, choose this school.

Posted June 22, 2013
MFS is a fantastic school and I was lucky to be a student there for many years. The education and academics are top notch truly prepare the students for college - critical thinking, writing, group work, etc. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, negative I can say about the academics at MFS. I can't even find enough superlatives that would do the school justice as in my mind it is a superior academic institution. The only problem I have with the school is that it has become a bit of a "prep school" and some of the students who attended are very snobby. I know some recent alums who had horrible experiences with bullying and cliques. Even the parents can be cliquey. I guess that's a downside to a private school. If you get a bad lot and get stuck with mean classmates, you don't have a lot of options. So, hope you get lucky with a great group of people because many people make life-long friends at MFS.

Posted August 06, 2012
ThIs school, and the people who go and teach there are amazing. MFS is and always will be a major part of my life.

Posted July 21, 2010
My 3 grandchildren are thriving at Moorestown since the oldest began 8 years ago. They all love going to school. It is a dream come true to have such an outstanding environment nearby for my grandchildren.

Posted March 11, 2010
Small class sizes, caring teachers, great service program. We're thrilled with the experience our child has had (first grade).

Posted March 05, 2009
I am a grandmother of a child that has attended Moorestown Friends for several years. It has been a wonderful school. My granddaughter was an 'A' student when she went to Friends. After getting there, her grades dropped for one year because the teachers challenged her with excellence, accountability, structure and character. I am happy to say, she met the challenge and is an 'A' student once again. T

Posted February 05, 2009
This school is fabulous. 5 stars, no doubt about it.

110 E Main St, Moorestown, NJ  08057
Last modified Moorestown Friends School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12