Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Then Teachers are great. Board is very bad and superintendent an embarrassment for school and scary for the the future.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Top leadership was once great. New superintendent does not understand the beautiful melting pot our schools once were. Very sad to see a school district decline with in such short time. Plus the boards recent press is horrifying for the minorities and religious sensitivity in the area. Hopefully something will change soon or the students will suffer more.

I daughter went to Asher Holmes Elementary school and I very much satisfied with the quality of the education, teacher's professionalism and Principal's leadership.

My son just graduated from 3rd grade at Asher Holmes. He had Mrs.Kane as his 3rd grade teacher. I like all the programs she introduced and her teaching style with lots of projects. My son loved his 1st and 2nd grade teachers but in 3rd grade he has grown into a self confident kid who is not afraid to give his opinions. I am so thrilled about this fact. He was never very keen on writing especially. But today he loves writing fiction. This turn about is absolutely to Mrs.Kanes credit. She is very organized and always stay on top of things. I honestly think she is a very good fit for Asher Holmes. She is excellent in keeping students attention focused on the work to be done. My son has become a better student because of her. Anyone who gets Mrs. Kane for their child should be thrilled

My son is graduating Marlboro HS in June,2011 and I owe his success to the great teachers at Asher Holmes Elementary. His 3rd grade teacher was so kind and nurturing to a little New York boy and gave him the confidence to succeed in school. My second son has ADHD and the wonderful teachers at Asher supported him, encouraged him and gave him wings to fly. From gifted children to children with special needs, there is no better school than Asher Holmes. I love Asher and will be forever greatful to everyone there.

It is a great school full of community spirit, doing things to ensure our children grow and develop both acedemically and socially

My son is in 2nd grade at Asher. His 1st grade experience was good. His 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Kamerman is outstanding. She teaches with love and caring. She is excellent in keeping their attention and focused on the work to be done. My son has become a better student because of her. I thank her dearly for this. Anyone who gets Mrs. Kamerman for their child should be thrilled.

I am a teacher and have moved here from Bklyn, NY in 1999. I can see a world of difference in the education my children are getting. The staff is so attentive and works with you all the time. They really believe in helping the child. The programs are awesome and children are given such incredible self-esteem. I highly reccommend Ms. Gaffney, Ms. Forte, Ms. Sapienza and Ms. Marchesano. They really strive for the kids and get happy with you when they see your child excel! What more could you want for your child. Dr. Crader has left but was a very inspirational principal. She was 'hands on'. Mr. Ettore is new but seems very nice.

Last modified Asher Holmes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.