9-12 & Ungraded
N Bergen, NJ

Posted November 18, 2014
As an alum of this school, I must say that this was the best thing to happen to me during my teenage years. This school mimicked a school on television that is not real, but it WAS! High Tech prepared me for college and I graduated college thanks to the lessons learned in HTHS. I even fell in love with the fact that the "Lazer Cat" is the mascot lol

Posted October 23, 2012
My child has had a successful career and future because of this school. It has been her favorite and top schools she wanted to get into.

Posted April 17, 2012
I currently attend High Tech, and it's really the best high school you could possibly attend. If you get in, then go. You won't regret it. One of the greatest things about this school is the level of trust given to students. You have freedom to do whatever you like (within reason, of course). Teachers aren't constantly breathing down your neck. In fact, both students and the staff are really laid back, and it's a very chill environment. No matter what, you will make friends here. There is no great social hierarchy, and everyone pretty much does their own thing. The teachers are more than willing to help you out during free time. There are tons of extra curricular activities, and you'll probably find yourself staying after school every day. Even if there isn't a club at HT that's right for you, it is so easy to make your own, and it's guaranteed that people will join. (We even have a Harry Potter club!) If you want a school that takes excellent academics, a welcoming atmosphere, and great extra curriculars, then High Tech really is the school for you.

Posted February 07, 2012
My daughter is a Freshman at this school. She didnt want to apply at first but I made her, after all we know best..right? During the first month of school, all I heard from her after school was "mom I love my school thank you for making me apply'!! It is now the second half of the year and I still hear that statement. She tells me how comfortable everyone feels with the teachers, friends. The freedom that they have to be themselves, and her grades are A's. Most of all, she is doing what she loves,,Performing Arts and enjoying her whole High School experience. i SAW her performing and couldnt stop crying! It was like watching her at Bradway.

Posted August 04, 2011
What an amazing school. Couldn't have picked a better learning environment for my daughter. This school and staff are really top notch and the students are certainly the real focus here. I am very happy my daughter goes here and have no complaints except for one of the guidance counselers - Mr Dodge. He is not the most helpful by any means.. 99% of the teachers she has had have really brought alot to the table and have extraordinary ways to keep the kids focused.

Posted January 19, 2011
This school is really worth attending if you get chosen. It stresses the fact that it IS a school of choice and being there is privilege so you have to keep trying after you get in, to stay in! Everyone is so nice and easy to get along with because no boundaries are made by any stupid "stereotypes." Anyone who got in is pretty much automatically labeled as a nerd! :) Mostly everyone is friendly and the Staff is absolutely Top-Notch. For some teachers, there is no doubt in anyone's mind that they actually WANT US to pass. Teachers here worked with us not against us, and everything this school has to offer is one of a kind. If you got accepted, going here is a must!

Posted November 16, 2010
This school has turned my child's attitude around 360 degrees, we both suffered greatly in North Bergen High School with their ridiculous rules , uncaring rude and incompetent staff , a big thanks go to the Guidance counselor though for telling us about programs in High Tech. Since the transfer both our lives have greatly improved. The teachers and staff and High Tech are truly exceptional and many have interesting and artistic backgrounds, there is a choice of varied courses available too. Truly a Shining Example !!

Posted February 18, 2010
Hi, my daughter goes to this school, and I would say this one of the top 5% schools in NJ. Academics are extra ordinary, staff is well educated, and very approchable. They guide students in every part of their lilfe, not just on academics but also various programs help students to develop their personality over all. Community servide is also a major thing. I am glad my duaghter was able to get admission as it is difficult to get in to, but once you are in yoiu know you are competing with smart crowd which encourage students to even work harder. My daughter goes to AACT which is part of High tech and is a great school.

Posted December 07, 2009
One of the top three High Schools in NJ: magnet school that accepts from all Hudson County based on admissions exam competition, so they get the cream of the public school students from the State's most populous borough. Unparalleled Science, Math, Music, Arts and foreign Language programs/teachers. The best Biology teacher in the region. Unparalleled in class and extracurricula opportunities for students with good parental support, but the grading is often as bruising as the workload. Any student that thrives here will find Ivy League college relatively easy. Compares well with Stuyvesant and Bronx High School of Science in NYC. Only two other high schools in New Jersey can compete statistically (public or private.)

Posted November 04, 2009
High Tech High is a magnificent school. It is providing not only with an extraordinary education, but also with an opportunity to grow productibly as an individual. My daughter was so privileged to be accepted into this prestigious institution.

High Tech High School
2000 85th Street, N Bergen, NJ  07047
Last modified High Tech High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
High Tech High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top