Bad
Good

I've seen the older comments and yes some were very true BACK THEN but this school has really improved. This year there was a new Principal that wants the voices of the students to be heard . There are many new programs and extra help. Bullying is not common and the teachers do care about students. Without Hesitation This Is A Great School.

I had bullying incident with my daughter at the school. As a concerned parent I went to speak to the principal Mr. Negron about the situation. First he didn't even sit me down in his office. He met me in the main office where teachers get their mail. He had a smirk on his face the whole time I was talking, I was never disrespectful to him in anyway so I was really dumbfounded by his attitude and how often he raised his voice. Simply because you walk around with a suit and tie and I am a stay at home mom does not make you better than me. Long story short he told me he couldnt do anything about bullying and if my daughter was getting bullied it was because she provoked it. The school itself has really nice teachers and staff. The principal.....well he's just there to warm up an office seat.

Pre-k teachers are irresponsible and lazy, students are required to clean up their classrooms, a task that is a responsibility of teachers and their assistants. Masked with comments like "we teach the kids to be responsible and pick up after themselves", these teachers actually use these little kids as their cleaning services....and they especially do not provide enough restroom assistance...several times i pick up my kid and her tights or underpants are showing....and these teachers are chatting with each other and not focusing on the children....many times while waiting to pick up my kid, i see teachers coming from the playground with their kids, yelling at the top of their lungs at the kids, literally nose to nose and in their faces...makes me wonder what they do to those poor kids behind closed doors. IT IS APPALLING, i was shocked to see such intimidation and lack of control from this teacher...she should not be allowed near little kids and fired immediately......imagine how that little kid feels coming in to school every day. ..For pre-k and k parents: watch those teachers...else your poor kid be scarred for life with fear, depression, etc from intimidation...

The teahcers take the time to work with students. They show concern and offer ideas when our students are not doing their best. My child loves all her teaches and she feels like they care about her success.

I am a student at McKinley Community School, who is in TAG. I am very impressed by the improvement of the school. Test scores may not be the best, but they are improving. 3rd and 4th graders got the opportunity to be individually tutored by 7th and 8th grade students. Behavior here is even much better. Fights or bullying is not common. We even have a wide variety of extracurricular activities, one of them are Citizen Schools.

Last modified McKinley Community Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.