PK-8 & Ungraded
New Brunswick, NJ

McKinley Community Elementary School 2

Posted September 23, 2013
I had bullying incident with my daughter at the school. As a concerned parent I went to speak to the principal Mr. Negron about the situation. First he didn't even sit me down in his office. He met me in the main office where teachers get their mail. He had a smirk on his face the whole time I was talking, I was never disrespectful to him in anyway so I was really dumbfounded by his attitude and how often he raised his voice. Simply because you walk around with a suit and tie and I am a stay at home mom does not make you better than me. Long story short he told me he couldnt do anything about bullying and if my daughter was getting bullied it was because she provoked it. The school itself has really nice teachers and staff. The principal.....well he's just there to warm up an office seat.

McKinley Community Elementary School 1

Posted November 29, 2012
Pre-k teachers are irresponsible and lazy, students are required to clean up their classrooms, a task that is a responsibility of teachers and their assistants. Masked with comments like "we teach the kids to be responsible and pick up after themselves", these teachers actually use these little kids as their cleaning services....and they especially do not provide enough restroom assistance...several times i pick up my kid and her tights or underpants are showing....and these teachers are chatting with each other and not focusing on the children....many times while waiting to pick up my kid, i see teachers coming from the playground with their kids, yelling at the top of their lungs at the kids, literally nose to nose and in their faces...makes me wonder what they do to those poor kids behind closed doors. IT IS APPALLING, i was shocked to see such intimidation and lack of control from this teacher...she should not be allowed near little kids and fired immediately......imagine how that little kid feels coming in to school every day. ..For pre-k and k parents: watch those teachers...else your poor kid be scarred for life with fear, depression, etc from intimidation...

McKinley Community Elementary School 0

Posted October 19, 2009
The teahcers take the time to work with students. They show concern and offer ideas when our students are not doing their best. My child loves all her teaches and she feels like they care about her success.

McKinley Community Elementary School 4

Posted September 29, 2006
I am a student at McKinley Community School, who is in TAG. I am very impressed by the improvement of the school. Test scores may not be the best, but they are improving. 3rd and 4th graders got the opportunity to be individually tutored by 7th and 8th grade students. Behavior here is even much better. Fights or bullying is not common. We even have a wide variety of extracurricular activities, one of them are Citizen Schools.

McKinley Community Elementary School 3

Posted August 05, 2006
Not a lot of parent involvement but it does have an honor roll program, a gifted program and student of the month. However, lots of bullying and even stealing of other kids' stuff going on in classrooms as young as first grade. Kids that are bullies are not punished. The kids that are being picked on are told to hit back and authority figures will look the other way. Good academic programs but bad disciplinary code.

McKinley Community Elementary School 5

Posted May 11, 2004

McKinley Community Elementary School
15 Van Dyke Ave, New Brunswick, NJ  08901
Last modified McKinley Community Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
McKinley Community Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top