Bad
Good

Rafael Hernandez Elementary School 3

Posted May 08, 2014
rafael hernandez school is changing me has a student do not agree with the changes.we have a new principal and vice principal and they want us to sit with our class in lunch.teachers say lunch is the time to talk with our friends but we cant even do that.i also think the kids that got restricted and got the trip took out should have another chance to change themselves.

Rafael Hernandez Elementary School 2

Posted August 13, 2012
Academically this school is terrible. The children's education is not priority. My nephew had a teacher who was always negative on him, On a report card day he walked ahead of his mom and his mother heard the teacher saying a smart remark to her son upon entering the room. Thankfully she moved to a better neighborhood, and he is doing excellent on all subjects at his new school. When i attended the school a student used to hit the teacher and caused her to quite, for the following 3 semesters of the school we had a substitute teacher on the subject of math, This affected everyone in the subject of math that graduated on that class. I also know some teachers who left the school for the poor leadership and conduct. My younger sister used to be bullied there. Over the years there has been had little improvement. Very disappointing.

Rafael Hernandez Elementary School 1

Posted July 19, 2011
Apparently the parents whose children attend this shool are not accustomed to 'better.' We found better, following many incidents of biased behavior toward our child who is NOT Hispanic and for whom the school provided no protection from its predominantly Hispanic staff and student body. Lucky for us, our child is now homeschooled where he has excelled to 12 grade levels on his CAT scores -- something unheard of at Rafael Hernandez.

Posted September 21, 2009
In our school the teachers are the best at working together.

Posted September 21, 2009
I love Rafael Hernandez school because when I started here as a new teacher, I was embraced by the faculty, staff, students and parents. I didn't find out until August that I was being transferred and so I was a little nervous. I showed up at RHS with a car full of belongings and right away the Parent Liason lent me a hand cart and key to the elevator to allow me to move my stuff in. As the school year went on, many staff members stopped by my room to offer a kind word, welcome and even to ask if there was anything I needed. THe energy at Rafael Hernandez is one of support. Everyone is on the same wavelength as far as what our goal is, which is to ensure that our students succeed. I am a proud member of the Rafael Hernandez family.

Posted September 21, 2009
Rafael Hernandez School is a nice school to work at considering the students are great and the staff is very nice and friendly. When I started working here a couple of yrs ago, everyone was very helpful and understanding.

Posted September 16, 2009
Our School is great we have a great debate team, cheerleaders, basketball team and great kids, parents, teachers, and administration and a great music department I give them a 10

Rafael Hernandez Elementary School 5

Posted March 27, 2008
Rafael Hernandez how gone thru alot this year 2007 & 2008 has made a big change to the better i've seen this school go threw alot from ok principals to the worst especially in 2006 to 2007 but this September a new principal came in and wow what a change he has brought into the school keep up the great work Mr. Ruiz Rafael hernandez school has been waiting for someone like you.

Rafael Hernandez Elementary School 1

Posted July 14, 2006
RAfael Hernandez is not the best school in Newark some teachers are very disrespectful and there helpers are worst.

Rafael Hernandez Elementary School 5

Posted August 06, 2005
This shchool here is the best school in Newark because it schows your kids the passion of arts as in drama class,art class,vocal class,instrumental class, and much more putting your child in this school will give your child a chance to become a superstar.How you ask this school has a special class which is called Arts Academy. once your child has a goo recomendation they can go to Arts High and continue their dreams to be a superstr in any way

345 Broadway, Newark, NJ  07104
Last modified Rafael Hernandez Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.