7, 9-12 & Ungraded
Newark, NJ

Posted April 23, 2014
I am a graduate of Arts High School. My name is Juliane Gonzalez a graduate of the 2005 class! This school is an opportunity for young artist to perfect their craft and learn if the Arts is truly for them. It is truly more than a high school. This school could use more acclaim and financial funding from the public schools system. If you are a parent in Newark NJ I highly recommend this school for your children. This shows them from the first stage of the auditions how to present themselves in a professional manner. As a part of a fallen community, we need to acknowledge where credit is due. Thank you Arts High School my life goes to you.

Posted December 05, 2012
I am an alumni of the school and now my daughter attends the school. I have noticed changes since my attendence but for the better; especially by adding dance as a new major which we did not have before. I moved back to NJ from PA but not immediately to Newark and what I noticed that we do not have in many of Newark Magnet schools are strong PTA's. Parents please get involved in the PTA it makes a big difference in the performance of our schools as a whole trust me I am witness to it. I am a single mother, very demanding career and still managed to participate. Students feel they dont have a voice it is apart of our job as parents to make that happen, If they feel they are not getting the proper teachings in academics that too is apart of our job to make that happen. Arts High School of Newark is a wonderful school and can provide a promising future for many of our urban children let help to uphold its great reputation by getting involved.

Arts High School 1

Posted September 24, 2011
disgrace, and it's sad that anyone would mislead people by telling them otherwise. there exists only a small handful of dedicated teachers in this school (which you could count on one hand) who are wonderful but not enough for an entire school. Over the past years the administration as well as newark public schools overall has been more concerned with it's image and maintaining their jobs than the individual well-being, growth, and education of each student artistically and academically. Don't waste your child's time....

Posted May 25, 2010
I love this school. The teachers care about educating the students and they care about the student's future.

Posted April 02, 2010
I love this school as a freshman at arts high school im maintaing above 2.5 Gpa this is a wonderful school and everywhere theres talent. This scools makes you feel like one big happy family. Even though ther are some down feelings that we have, we manage to overcome all of the problems and suceed. Trust mewhen i say that parent your son or daughter will absolutely enjoy arts high school.They should apply to arts high school because were simply the best , as students w embrace our talents no matter what situation where in. Instrumental majors,art vocal ,drama and telvision productions overcome challenges to e the best that we can be. Arts high school is a wonderful school. Arts high school may be average in academic wise but in my opinion were still the best!

Arts High School 0

Posted March 25, 2010
I Agree with the statement made before that the principal does not allow the flow of creativity that should exist in such a school. I have lived elsewhere , another state and same type school where you walk in and right away the ambience is that of creatiivity and free expression. Don't get me wrong , discipline is still needed. She also does not make it her business as principal to be present at the events that her kids participate in , her presence should be always heartfelt and the kids themselves sense this. The vice principal is much more personable and has a much more keen and pleasant approach with both kids and parents. I hope that a change will come soon, especially maybe under our new Governor's administration. Not that it is my wish that anyone be out of a job but the best man deserves the JOB.

Arts High School 2

Posted March 18, 2010
Dont believe the hype! This school is not all its cracked up to be. The principal, Dr. Brown is the worst principle ever. She doesn't allow the students to be creative and express themselves. A lot of us are not happy in this school (mainly because of her). But what I hate the most about Arts is the academic quality. In my personal opinion, I strongly feel that an 'A' in Arts High School is equivalent to a 'C' in a really good school. My friend was accepted to Laguardia and now he regrets choosing to go to Arts. The performing arts departments at Arts High are really good, dont get me wrong, I honestly feel they are one of the best in the state. But the academic quality is horrible!

Posted October 23, 2009

Arts High School 1

Posted June 19, 2009

Posted May 05, 2009

Arts High School
550 M L King Blvd, Newark, NJ  07102
Last modified Arts High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arts High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top