Bad
Good

This school like every other school in Newark has a very low educational value the new principal might've calmed the school down and slightly changed its students demeanor but if you think you're gonna send your kid in here to get quality education you're not the truth is this school is very disorganized and I feel I have been robbed of my education attending this school yea sure some of the teachers will work with you and what not but this school is so focused on its athletics that it seems to the point where education is the second priority it's also focused on building a narcissistic reputation based on I would say "imaginary" statistics that I find very hard to believe I don't think education is on this schools agenda based on the relentless focus on its sports/athletics some of the teachers don't even seem qualified if you ask me and the only reason this school seems more under control is because of the decrease in student body everyone knows a smaller population is more controllable i really believe this school has a lot of work to do and I still wouldn't send my children to this school (if I had any) despite any the changes made the school is still no good

Well Malcolm X. Shabazz Is a school That has allot of pride and school Spirit . The time i've spent there i left with memories for a lifetime .my teachers all were so caring . Your teachers were like you second parents in that building. I strived to be a bulldog scholor like many other but people cant see past the rift raft that walks in and get kicked out . Malcom X. Shabazz is Moving foward I love my Bulldogs

This school SUCKS!! It is a ZOO, the principle has no control over the kids, my daughter can't go to school because she keeps getting into fights and jumped by a bunch of other girls....my child will not be attending this school anymore. They should have kepy trhe old principle on board.....DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL!!!!!!

I recently transfered my daughter to Shabazz and it is in one word: HORRIFIC!!! There is no learning and its pretty much a zoo. I wouldn't advise to send their child there. I regret moving because of this school. Any parent who is ok with this school is either not involved in their education or is a parent of an athlete. yes they have a great band and sports program....but you arent safe and none of those programs mean anything if you are uneducated. they are ranked 296 out of 314 schools in nj...so you know they arent learning. the behavior ive seen 1st hand. avoid this school ....please

This school is horrible like no one ever wants to come here no teachers are qualitied and this school is not safe so don't ever send your children like ever!

My son attends Malcolm X Shabazz and I find the school to be very positive in many aspects. The teachers really care about the students, If there were ever a problem with my child, I would get a personal phone call from his teacher right away. All schools have their problems, but Shabazz is like a second home for my son.

malcolm x shabazz has a lot of problems, we dont have enought teachers, the school is not safe, and there is apsolutly no learning going on

I appreciate the fact that my son attends Malcolm X. Shabazz High School. I love that as a parent I can go to my son's teachers and speak with them openly about his progress and classroom etiquette. He gets good reports and is a B- student. Kudos to the teachers because they recognize student potentials and encourage them to strive higher for their goals. The Principal, Vice Prinipals, Counselors, and Coaches all deserve an A for encouraging the students and keeping their minds focused and teaching them that: 'A Mind is a terrible thing to waste'. Signed, Concerned Parents of one of your future Pro-Football or Pro-Basketball athletes.

I think that shabazzz is the best scool in newark things are safe for your kids they learn all they need to and it keeps them out of the streets

Last modified Malcolm X Shabazz High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.