7-12 & Ungraded
Newark, NJ

Posted November 29, 2011
Very PROUD alumni (Class of '96)... I am VERY grateful that once I received my acceptance letter that my Grandma insisted that I attend Science High. Although I must admit I initially had my heart set on attending MX Shabazz to be a member of the Lady Bulldogs Bball team. And not only did i received an excellent education, many valuable life lessons, was exposed to an extensive amount of versatility,...and countless others, had I attended MX Shabazz I would have never had the opportunity to be Science High 1ST EVER 1000+ point scorer (Male/Female). I am glad that the students currently have the luxury of enjoying a wonderful building, although yall are getting the enjoyment that us alumni was promised b4 a lot of you were even born. It's cool though because our future truly needs ALL the POSITIVE exposure they can be given. So I thank you again Grandma (R.I.P.) for your insistence and I thank ALL of my teachers, counselors, coaches, administration, office ladies, and I def can't 4get Ms. White (School Nurse).

Posted August 14, 2011
I am proud to be a Science High Alumni (Class of 95). I can only pray that this school continues to maintain its excellent rep. May the students continue to excel and not fulfill the stereotypes that comes along with the city of Newark.

Posted October 09, 2010
Newark children need all the exposure to science that we can provide.

Posted October 09, 2010
it's great! especially the math department!

Posted May 10, 2010

Posted April 10, 2010
Science Park High School is a great, well-rounded institution. As stated by its mission statement, it's purpose is to introduce students to different ways of thinking and a plethora of courses, necessary for success in the real world. Currently, I am a senior at Science. Though the administration needs a little more work (for instance, they need to expel all those incompetent students that are making our school look bad), Science Park is the best thing that has happened to me. Extremely diverse, academically rigorous, comprised of bright and innovative students; Science Park shines the most out of all schools in the City.

Science High School 3

Posted April 07, 2010
I am currently a Freshman at Science Park and i have been attending that school since 7th grade. I would have to say that it is one of the best schools academically, but just because the school does well with the grades does not mean the students are the greatest. You would be suprised at how many of the staff call us rude and disrespectful. Yea there are a few of us (i can count them on my hands) who will never get in trouble but trust me when I say we get into alot of petty drama. You wouldnt belive it. So dont be fooled by the smarts because we get into just as much trouble as the non-magnet school students. We just get our work done as well !

Posted October 21, 2009

Posted October 03, 2009
Science Park High School is a great High School because of the education you get there. It is highly strict therefore you get exactly what you deserve. There are many activities to join so it's not all about academic achievements but also about enjoy the time spent at the school.

Posted August 26, 2009
I would say SPHS. I currently attend there and it is wonderful! This coming September I will be a Junior andall I can say is that SPHS is the best and will be the best. We might be given vast amounts of homework, but overall we have the best scores in the city.

Science High School
260 Norfolk Street, Newark, NJ  07102
Last modified Science High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Science High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top