7-12 & Ungraded
Newark, NJ

Posted January 26, 2012
My experience at uhs was the greatest! Like honestly the teachers care about you can the principal maybe strict but at least we are controlled. Im currently in all honor class, and they are very challeging! I believe that this school is one of the best in newark!

University High School 3

Posted January 09, 2011
My experience at this school these past two years have been honestly hard to believe. While I applied, i was told that UHS was a "terrific" high school and that I would be challenged to out-perform others. Turns out, intellectual competition is saddening for a "GREAT" school and not many care about what grades they recieve. We are "the best" and yet the rest of the students do not seem to make the effort to become the best. -A current sophomore

University High School 2

Posted February 09, 2010
I've been a student at University High School for two years, and it's honestly a sub par excuse for 'acclaimed' learning institution. Our students may out-perform other Newark schools but we have very little intellectual competition. University will get you through to your senior year, and maybe you'll get into a satisfactory college. What other aspirations could a Newark student have? Not the best that New Jersey has to offer.

Posted October 25, 2009
My daughter goes here and she love it. Everyday she comes home with good news.

Posted April 10, 2009

University High School 0

Posted March 11, 2009
My child graduated as an excellent student from University High School and turned out to be an amazing, well-rounded, community-minded and responsible person. I would recommend University to any parent.

Posted March 01, 2009

University High School 4

Posted February 05, 2009

Posted January 02, 2009

Posted October 23, 2008

University High School
55 Clinton Pl, Newark, NJ  07108
Last modified University High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
University High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top