Bad
Good

what can we do to make our schools better? It's up to us to make a difference with our schools and city. Stop complaining about what's so bad about it and make a change.

I have graduated from this school in 1995 and I am ashamed that I had attended Weequahic. Most of their teachers were unprofessional, including a social studies teacher who had badmouthed me to the class behind my back, which I had confirmed with a classmate. I dont even remember her teaching social studies in the classroom, only the current events that had happened back then. The Newark school system was supposedly taken over by the state that year, but I don't feel that they had done a good job fixing the problems, because there are the same teachers that are still there although I believe that they should have been fired, and now, Im dealing with an incompetent staff member who deals with high school transcripts, who doesn't seem to understand the word "status" and doesn't return phone calls. The NJ state takeover of the schools did not work.

What a wonderful performance in the Halloween Parade last night in Toms River!! I am originally from Newark and was so pleased to see some of the good work being done by Newark students. The good news needs to get published too! So, my rating for this band's performance is a 4 STAR!

To be honest I graduated from Weequahic in 1991, but it is nothing like when I attended. This school is horrible. I had to leave the city because unfortunately any other public school in Essex county was no better. There was numerous occasions that I spoke to Mr. Stone the principal and he would just disagree with me, some times patronized me, or just told me that his hands were tied due to laws or what ever. Which I felt he could have done something other than disregard parents and administrators feelings and pass out lame excuses.

Last modified Weequahic High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.