9-12 & Ungraded
Newark, NJ

Posted March 19, 2014
what can we do to make our schools better? It's up to us to make a difference with our schools and city. Stop complaining about what's so bad about it and make a change.

Posted January 05, 2012
I have graduated from this school in 1995 and I am ashamed that I had attended Weequahic. Most of their teachers were unprofessional, including a social studies teacher who had badmouthed me to the class behind my back, which I had confirmed with a classmate. I dont even remember her teaching social studies in the classroom, only the current events that had happened back then. The Newark school system was supposedly taken over by the state that year, but I don't feel that they had done a good job fixing the problems, because there are the same teachers that are still there although I believe that they should have been fired, and now, Im dealing with an incompetent staff member who deals with high school transcripts, who doesn't seem to understand the word "status" and doesn't return phone calls. The NJ state takeover of the schools did not work.

Weequahic High School 4

Posted November 01, 2011
What a wonderful performance in the Halloween Parade last night in Toms River!! I am originally from Newark and was so pleased to see some of the good work being done by Newark students. The good news needs to get published too! So, my rating for this band's performance is a 4 STAR!

Posted March 01, 2009

Weequahic High School 2

Posted April 30, 2007
- a staff

Posted October 09, 2006
To be honest I graduated from Weequahic in 1991, but it is nothing like when I attended. This school is horrible. I had to leave the city because unfortunately any other public school in Essex county was no better. There was numerous occasions that I spoke to Mr. Stone the principal and he would just disagree with me, some times patronized me, or just told me that his hands were tied due to laws or what ever. Which I felt he could have done something other than disregard parents and administrators feelings and pass out lame excuses.

Posted June 24, 2006
A horrible school with poor SAT & HSPA scores. The students are unruly and the Parents do not attend PTA meetings. It's hands down the worse school in Newark. My kid attends due to a divorce and it has done nothing to prepare her for the future. The Average SAT Score id 670 out of a possible 1600 using the old scale. This School is an American tragedy and an example of all that is wrong with Urban Education.

Weequahic High School
279 Chancellor Ave, Newark, NJ  07112
Last modified Weequahic High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Weequahic High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top