PK-8 & Ungraded
Newark, NJ

Posted October 07, 2013
My school is very neat. My principals are very nice and help us everyday I am on this sight because my school sometimes wants money to make donations. I would really like to get and win 5,000 dollars for my school and my best friends. My school teachers taught me a lot from Pre-k to fourth grade I am learning new things. I am nine years old enjoying learning and writing this long story for my school and me I am so happy to be doing this !

Abington Ave. Elementary School 1

Posted June 18, 2012
zero!!! that what they deserve! a bunch of them only prefer the GT students, I was a former students once! They never help me to get my future started! I had to do everything myself! They was favoritism over student who had good grades!!! And ignoring the students who needed to be help the most! I'm glad now that I see my child accomplishing his or her dream! And the ones they favorite the most in the beginning of my school year, are the ones who's dealing with drugs, jail time and also teenage pregancy.

Posted June 14, 2011
Im one of the students from Abington Ave . Elementary School ! Im really proud of being one of them , We might not have a lot of fancy stuff but we have ALOT of love to give . I would like to say Thank You to all staff of Abington for alway being there for all of us especilly Mrs.Velez our Principal . By The Way I hope Mrs. Andersan our new superintanted liked our school . :)

Posted October 26, 2010
The teachers seem like they really care.

Posted October 25, 2010
Wonderful administration and a loving and caring staff! Beautiful "family"!

Posted February 09, 2010
Abington is unique, it has an extremely caring faculty who has the interest of it's students as a top priority. It offers great music instruction and art to all students and an a+ band. Academic scores are in the top scores also. It is crowded because it is a great place.

Posted July 14, 2009
I was a former student of ABAve and my time there was successful and positive. The teachers are postive and the GT program is very rewarding and challenging. Socially, this school made me more open to different kinds of friendships. If it were not for the great foundation i received at this school, I would not be the greast scholar I am today.

Posted April 28, 2009
good school and it helps students to get in to the work and activities kids do very well.

Posted December 10, 2008
This school has alot of learning after school programs and has a good reputation as far as education. I have not yet experienced any problems. It really all depends on the child to want to succeed in life.

Abington Ave. Elementary School 1

Posted November 26, 2008
I don't know where they get off putting all the stars up for etracurricular activites either! The only program this school offers is music and it's only for 5th graders! The after school program is so over crouded they're not even accepting new students so don't even count that one. And just try getting in touch with my daughters teacher is a nightmare I still haven't recieved a call to reshedule our parent teacher confrence!

Abington Ave. Elementary School
209 Abington Ave, Newark, NJ  07107
Last modified Abington Ave. Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Abington Ave. Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top