PK-8 & Ungraded
Newark, NJ
Students enrolled: 1,241

Posted April 23, 2015
My son first went to this school but I had to transfer him to another school because they don't have an autism program there. Back at that time, it was a pretty good school. Now, I would be highly embarrassed to call it a "Blue Ribbon" school. My daughter goes there now and she has more problems with the teachers than the students. There are some teachers in there who are very nice but the rest, including the principal is prejudice and don't care to help your child or you. It's very sad and highly disappointing!!!

Ann Street Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
Ann Street Elementary School is a healthy, high-functioning learning environment. They allow parents to have confidence in the public school system again.

Posted March 20, 2014
BLUE RIBBON SCHOOL..what a joke they dont even have extra help for students that are in need. My daughter needs help in 3 subjects they can only help in 1 subject. The rest of the subjects OH WELL!!!! they act like nothing and they have a waiting list (for turtors) They dont even contact you when your spot is available. They act like nothing. This school dont care for the students. Very disappointing....
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 20, 2014
For the past 2 years I been very disappointed with this school and I thought highly of Ann Street however since my son's 4th grade experience, which it was horrible and he was bullied not by a student by an adult that the student look up too, no one cared. Now my daughter in 2nd grade is having trouble with her subjects and I cant get within the school help...is very frustrating and a completely disappointed. This is how they want to resolve the issues: to take my kids out of the school and go to another school instead of fixing the issues. Very simple for them to say. Is a joke everytime I visit the school, I have to say Ann Street School is not like years ago it has changed tremendously....
2 people found this helpful

Ann Street Elementary School 4

Posted September 09, 2011
I'm moving from Union City NJ to market street in Newark NJ i need to know is this school is near to the adrees in Newark please help me!

Ann Street Elementary School 5

Because my daughter study in this school e our love Ann St. School

Posted November 11, 2010
Because its one of the best school in the United States and my daughter attends this school .

Posted November 11, 2010
My daughter goes to Ann Street School, she has great teachers and has mantained honoral grades since 3rd grade !!! They work hard with the students.

Ann Street Elementary School 5

Posted November 10, 2010
ANN ST. SCHOOL HAS THE BEST TEACHERS..

Posted November 09, 2010
I LIKE ANN STREET SCHOOL BECAUSE IT HAS EXELLENT TEACHERS AND THIS "SCHOOL" DEMANDS THE STUDENTS TO HAVE RESPONSABILITY. FINALLY, ANN STREET IS A GREAT SCHOOL BECAUSE IT HAS MRS. RICHARDSON AS A PRINCIPAL.

Ann Street Elementary School
30 Ann St, Newark, NJ  07105
Last modified Ann Street Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ann Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 91 reviews. Top