Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Only a select few were actually good.

Graduated six years ago and it was a decent school. I must say that at the time the school was pretty behind in math. I got there in sixth grade and they were just learning exponents which I learned at my previous school in the fourth grade. Hopefully the school has improved in that area but other than that, it's pretty decent. So many memories.

Amount of homework: Disagree

they give us like 8 homeworks a day and som people have some stuff to do but they cant do it because of the homework they give me as a sutdent

Develops character: Strongly agree

well they give you fareness to because the school is really equal until if you are really bad i a school

I feel this way because when i go to school no body makes fun of me and when ever stuff gets really hard for me they help me and they is always people wanting to help you even when it getting really hard times for you people are also really nice and you will always be treated really awsom

i do not like this school. i have been there for three years sinse 2nd grade and has found multiple problems in this school. bullying is a major part of this and very disrespectful teachers to. On the rare years that we do get a good teacher s/he will usually quit within the first few months. terrible school with an endless list of problems.

SIt is a fabulous school. My son had very low grades and had no care for school until he began attending this school. He was assigned to a teacher by the name of Mr. Chaimowitz also known as Mr.C., he is an outstanding teacher. My sons grades shooted up to A'c and B's and is very eager to go to school. He comes home on a daily basis talking about there class room assignments and how awsome his teacher is. I can't thank this teacher enough for all the hard work and dedication he contributed to his class. Thankx to this great school my son has been accepted to technology high. That school rated 2nd best in the United States. Thanks to First Avenue School my son is lucky enough to attend that school. I hope both my daughter's have the privilege to have Mr. C. As one of there teachers in the future. Even though all the teachers are wonderful. Thank you so much First Avenue School. You all are the best...

THIS IS SUCH A GREAT SCHOOL FOR MY CHILD. GREAT SCORES, GREAT TEACHERS, GREAT AREA FOR THE KIDS.

EXCELLENT SCHOOL I AM A VERY PROUD PARENT TO HAVE MY SON ASSISTING 1ST AVE SCHOOL. MY CHILD COMES HOME WITH THE BEST GRADES, ALL BECAUSE THE TEACHERS TAKE THERE TIME IN HELPING MY CHILD. ALSO THIS SCHOOL AREA IS GREAT ALWAYS HAVE THE POLICE OUT THE SCHOOL TO WATCH FOR THE KIDS.

I am sorry to say but this school is not great at all. The principle is rude and the teachers well I have my reservations too. My sons teacher stated that he will pass all students who show effort. I'm sorry but children should not be pass/recieve a passing grade for efford. You cannot pass the NJASK or your SATs by showing efforts. Then there is the basketball coach (very irresponsible). The music teacher discouraged my son from playing because he missed a note (my son has been playing for 3 years). Teachers do not have the patients in this school, and it seems the leadership is lacking. My son told me how the principle screamed at the teachers (in front of the students). If you don"t have money to pay for private school, you child is stuck in less than mediocre education.

Last modified First Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.