Fourteenth Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted October 26, 2014
My son's last year at the school wasn't pleasant. I found out that he was being verbally abuse by staff. The first two years was nice or so it seemed. Now my son goes to a Kipp charter school and I must say he has learned more in this short period then he has at 14th Avenue school. Parents when your child tells you something please lesson there are some good staff members that reached out to tell me the truth but they need their jobs too. This school isn't what it seems. Parent's beware.

Fourteenth Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted September 01, 2009
My daughter has attended 14th Ave for the past two years and will be attending 3rd grade there again this year. While her first year there as a first grader was an extraordinary experience, Ms. Denchi was a phenomenal teacher, I was less than please with her 2nd grade experience. Despite making every effort to be an involved parent as I had been in the previous year, sadly, I felt unwelcomed. Communication was minimal and often late. Academically, my daughter was not challenged at all. There was little to no consistency in her homework assignments. I am hopeful that things will improve this year but if they do not, I will follow suit and place my child into a charter school, like so many other parents did last year.

Fourteenth Avenue Elementary School 5

Posted January 23, 2006
Overall this school is great.The school as a whole (teachers,administrators,etc) are dedicated and giving but the teachers are what makes this school. They are truely the best.

Fourteenth Avenue Elementary School 5

Posted September 10, 2004
I have to say fourteenth ave is an excellent school. 2 Of my children have graduted from there after being there from k-4 and i have one that is graduating this year. I would like to thank all the staff at the school for the years spent educating my children. We need more schools out there like fourteenth ave. Keep up the good work.

Fourteenth Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted March 31, 2004
Fourteenth Ave School teachers are great! The two draw backs are that there are no after school programs and there is a lack of school security. But the school is a big plus overall with it's teaching methods. The principal, Mrs. Barillari, is the back bone of this great school.

Fourteenth Avenue Elementary School
186 14th Ave, Newark, NJ  07103
Last modified Fourteenth Avenue Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fourteenth Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top