Bad
Good

My son's last year at the school wasn't pleasant. I found out that he was being verbally abuse by staff. The first two years was nice or so it seemed. Now my son goes to a Kipp charter school and I must say he has learned more in this short period then he has at 14th Avenue school. Parents when your child tells you something please lesson there are some good staff members that reached out to tell me the truth but they need their jobs too. This school isn't what it seems. Parent's beware.

My daughter has attended 14th Ave for the past two years and will be attending 3rd grade there again this year. While her first year there as a first grader was an extraordinary experience, Ms. Denchi was a phenomenal teacher, I was less than please with her 2nd grade experience. Despite making every effort to be an involved parent as I had been in the previous year, sadly, I felt unwelcomed. Communication was minimal and often late. Academically, my daughter was not challenged at all. There was little to no consistency in her homework assignments. I am hopeful that things will improve this year but if they do not, I will follow suit and place my child into a charter school, like so many other parents did last year.

Last modified Fourteenth Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.