PK-6 & Ungraded
Newark, NJ
Before care: Yes

Harriet Tubman Elementary School 0

Posted November 04, 2009
Harriet Tubman is a National Blue Ribbon Public Elementary School located in the inner city of Newark, NJ. The school has a reputation of high performance. There is a constant waiting list to be accepted into this school. The principal Mrs Terrell and her staff work very hard to keep our children safe and focused on acheivement. They treat the children as though they were their own. All of the students that attend this school go on to attend Magnet High Schools.

Posted October 01, 2009

Posted June 24, 2008

Harriet Tubman Elementary School 0

Posted March 06, 2008
Harriet Tubman is a great school. Wonderful staff and parent involvement is superb.. Most of all the principal is outstanding. She supports her teachers and students. What is school without great support from the leader. Thank you for being apart of my childs life. I love you all.

Posted September 19, 2007
Well organized learning environment. Teachers and principal work closely togethere to achieve high results in student academics. Friendly and caring staff.

Posted October 04, 2006
My son has attended Harriett Tubman since Pre-K. He is now in 1st Grade and I must say that I am extremely glad that he is a student. The faculty is excellent and everyone from security to teachers including the principal is very active in the daily lives of the students. Ms. Ramos, Thomas, and Ms. Kilgore were and still are very inspirational in my son's education both academically and psychologically. One of the greatest asset of the school is the feeling of safety and security that it expels. The parent liasion Ms. Benet and the school nurse Ms. Richardson are also wonderful assets to this great school. I am truly impressed and thank-ful for everyone at Harriet Tubman.

Posted May 17, 2006

Harriet Tubman Elementary School 2

Posted November 28, 2005
- a former student

Posted June 20, 2005
My son attended Harriet Tubman for the 2004-2005 school year. He was a student in Ms. Copprue's 2nd grade class and I have nothing but good things to say about the school and Ms. Copprue in particular. [My son] left home every morning ready to excited and eager to begin his day. Ms. Copprue was extremely patient and she was able to help bring out the best in [him]. Ms. Coppru was also excellent at providing feedback regarding how we could all help move [our son] to the next learning level. Put simply, Ms. Coppru is awesome! My family recently relocated to Summerville, SC. I pray that I find more teachers like Ms. Copprue.[My son] misses her. He talks about what he learned in her class and what fun he had with her as his teacher and mentor. -Mrs. Sheronda Parker

Harriet Tubman Elementary School 1

Posted August 26, 2003

Harriet Tubman Elementary School
504 S Tenth St, Newark, NJ  07103
Last modified Harriet Tubman Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harriet Tubman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top