PK-8 & Ungraded
Newark, NJ
Students enrolled: 1,085
Before care: Yes

Posted April 28, 2014
I am a 7th grade student attending Lafayette street school i am very proud to be called a falcon . I believe that the school is very advanced and organized my only concern is that we are lacking a library and art teacher also that the school lunch is very unhealthy the food is never in good conditions but other than that the administration and technology i pretty good!

Lafayette Street Elementary School 0

Posted November 01, 2010
this school is a very good school academical . I'm impressed that with the teachers, and students performance even with the small resources they have they deserve this money so they can buy more computers for their students and help with the lunch the lunch unfortunately is very crappy ( words of the kids ) that the principal should do something about it . but they are working hard to address all the problems A+++++ 5 STARS

Posted October 10, 2010
I love Lafayette St. School. I have had the privilege of attending this marvelous school for the past 10 years. I am an 8th grader and i have to say that I would never want to leave this wonderful school. We have great activities actually. We have boys & girls soccer, softball, volleyball (sometimes), chorus, debate, National Junior Honor Society, the newspaper comity, Yearbook comity, & Student Council. I would never want to change anything about this wonderful school :D

Lafayette Street Elementary School 3

Posted April 04, 2010

Lafayette Street Elementary School 1

Posted October 17, 2009

Posted August 11, 2009

Lafayette Street Elementary School 3

Posted June 23, 2009
I am a Lafayette St. School Alumni and my children have been attending since Kindergarten. Information is very unorganized and/or sent in an untimely fashion. Most of the teachers seem to care about student progress, which is a plus. The majority of the staff I consider to be courteous and friendly. Administration would benefit from a more hands-on approach to bullying, since I had first-hand experience with that as early on as grade K. But I feel that the bigger problem is NOT the school, but rather the parents. Too many of the parents are not involved and do not seem to have regard for rules. It's definitely a different culture from when I was a student. I will never forget one night when students were invited to the Liberty Science Center with their parents, and many who had RSVP'd to go never showed up. Waste of our tax $!

Lafayette Street Elementary School 0

Posted June 10, 2009
There's no diversity in this school. It's overcrowded and extremely unorganized. Security officers are distracted. Bullying is a huge issue that is simply not addressed by administration. It's lacking in extra activities and good teachers with a command of the English language. It feels like a school you would find in a third world country.

Posted February 13, 2008

Posted December 27, 2007

Lafayette Street Elementary School
205 Lafayette St, Newark, NJ  07105
Last modified Lafayette Street Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lafayette Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top