Bad
Good

I am a 7th grade student attending Lafayette street school i am very proud to be called a falcon . I believe that the school is very advanced and organized my only concern is that we are lacking a library and art teacher also that the school lunch is very unhealthy the food is never in good conditions but other than that the administration and technology i pretty good!

this school is a very good school academical . I'm impressed that with the teachers, and students performance even with the small resources they have they deserve this money so they can buy more computers for their students and help with the lunch the lunch unfortunately is very crappy ( words of the kids ) that the principal should do something about it . but they are working hard to address all the problems A+++++ 5 STARS

I love Lafayette St. School. I have had the privilege of attending this marvelous school for the past 10 years. I am an 8th grader and i have to say that I would never want to leave this wonderful school. We have great activities actually. We have boys & girls soccer, softball, volleyball (sometimes), chorus, debate, National Junior Honor Society, the newspaper comity, Yearbook comity, & Student Council. I would never want to change anything about this wonderful school :D

I am a Lafayette St. School Alumni and my children have been attending since Kindergarten. Information is very unorganized and/or sent in an untimely fashion. Most of the teachers seem to care about student progress, which is a plus. The majority of the staff I consider to be courteous and friendly. Administration would benefit from a more hands-on approach to bullying, since I had first-hand experience with that as early on as grade K. But I feel that the bigger problem is NOT the school, but rather the parents. Too many of the parents are not involved and do not seem to have regard for rules. It's definitely a different culture from when I was a student. I will never forget one night when students were invited to the Liberty Science Center with their parents, and many who had RSVP'd to go never showed up. Waste of our tax $!

There's no diversity in this school. It's overcrowded and extremely unorganized. Security officers are distracted. Bullying is a huge issue that is simply not addressed by administration. It's lacking in extra activities and good teachers with a command of the English language. It feels like a school you would find in a third world country.

Being an alumni of lafayette, I must admit that there has been major progress. Some parents may see the down side of this school but from a diferent view, there has been a lot of work accomplished. As a parent of a student of three years, I have been recieveing the notices, flyers, any events given. Because of that, I was able to participate when asked to volunteer. For my child i feel safe in lafayette environment. I believe we need to step in a lot more as a bundle because I do agree with one of the comments made previously .Where is the money going? More extra activities are needed because not all families can afford outside activites form the school and it is always safer to keep it within the school the child goes to.

I attend Lafayette and I must say this definitly isnt my favorite school. To begin with, there isnt a lot of activities. There is only really the necessary that every school has, gym,art,etc. So there is a lot of things that are bad at this school.

I am in agreement with Angie. As compared to other schools the academic aspects are of higher quality. Standing alone, Lafayette still needs improvement. My children currently attend the school. Extracurricular activities are insufficient. Other than official parent/school conferences, parents are not regularly advised of the child's progress or lack thereof. Homework assignments do not reflect daily progression of classroom work/teaching. I share other parents' concerns with the lack of effective disciplinary practices regarding inter-student offenses, e.g. bullying. The monthly menus are not timely distributed. As a parent, I need to know about my children's regular progression in time for me to take remedial action.

Last modified Lafayette Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.