Bad
Good

I was thinking about when I lived in Newark. That was back1957 to1964. I really loved that school. I remember in kindergarten my classroom had A big sliding board. I often wonder how it looks now. I remember alot of my teachers names. from back then still.

I think that Madison Elementary school needs to be town down and rebuild. It structure is terrible, disgusting and shamefully nasty,especially in the bathrooms. The breakfast that are given to the children are of no nutrition possible. the parents are not involved. the don't care what the children eat . The first three month that school reopen they were served apple jacks or fruit loops cereals, with apple juice, and a pop tart. this is over (80) eighty percent of sugar in their diet when they should be given a healthy protein breakfast. You could actually see that when some of the children eat they starts jumping . How can a teacher teach a few of these children who is in this state of mind. It will take a few minutes to tel that child calm down before teaching.

I have been a parent for three years and am transfering to another school. The pricipal is more interested in how students dress then what they learn. The VP is excellent as is one of th kindergarten and one of the 1st grade teachers. Some of the other are just there for the money. I had to pick up my prek child half an hour before the other childern got out of school. Why? The bathrooms are a disgrace!

I have been aparent in madison for five years and i have always fhound the staff to be helpful. There are always 2-3 different afterschool programs in madison. Usually the programs don't begin until october. the programs all run until may. (this seems to be the district policy.) I'm sorry that someone felt unwelcomed andat madison. the administration and staff work hard along with a steady group of parent volunteers to make madison the best school possible.

Madison Ave does not have any afterschool programs. Its as if all of the parents Dont work or they get off early enough (2:45) to pick up their child. Helloooo we do have working mothers it would be good to get the support we need. The staff is not helpful when I told them my dilema they had the Its not my problem attitude. For heaven sakes nobody could tell me the first day of school when I called in August I got two answers. Wake Up Madison its 08

Last modified Madison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5