PK-5 & Ungraded
Newark, NJ
Before care: Yes

Posted July 16, 2012
I was thinking about when I lived in Newark. That was back1957 to1964. I really loved that school. I remember in kindergarten my classroom had A big sliding board. I often wonder how it looks now. I remember alot of my teachers names. from back then still.

Posted March 30, 2010
I think that Madison Elementary school needs to be town down and rebuild. It structure is terrible, disgusting and shamefully nasty,especially in the bathrooms. The breakfast that are given to the children are of no nutrition possible. the parents are not involved. the don't care what the children eat . The first three month that school reopen they were served apple jacks or fruit loops cereals, with apple juice, and a pop tart. this is over (80) eighty percent of sugar in their diet when they should be given a healthy protein breakfast. You could actually see that when some of the children eat they starts jumping . How can a teacher teach a few of these children who is in this state of mind. It will take a few minutes to tel that child calm down before teaching.

Posted August 06, 2009
I have been a parent for three years and am transfering to another school. The pricipal is more interested in how students dress then what they learn. The VP is excellent as is one of th kindergarten and one of the 1st grade teachers. Some of the other are just there for the money. I had to pick up my prek child half an hour before the other childern got out of school. Why? The bathrooms are a disgrace!

Madison Elementary School 1

Posted March 11, 2009

Posted January 25, 2009
I have been aparent in madison for five years and i have always fhound the staff to be helpful. There are always 2-3 different afterschool programs in madison. Usually the programs don't begin until october. the programs all run until may. (this seems to be the district policy.) I'm sorry that someone felt unwelcomed andat madison. the administration and staff work hard along with a steady group of parent volunteers to make madison the best school possible.

Posted September 10, 2008
Madison Ave does not have any afterschool programs. Its as if all of the parents Dont work or they get off early enough (2:45) to pick up their child. Helloooo we do have working mothers it would be good to get the support we need. The staff is not helpful when I told them my dilema they had the Its not my problem attitude. For heaven sakes nobody could tell me the first day of school when I called in August I got two answers. Wake Up Madison its 08

Posted July 09, 2005
Madison is a school of caring individuals. The staff and administration is concerned about the well being and education of all its students. However, the administration seems to be ineffective in creating a climate of academic success. The school overall seems to lack vision and some of the teachers have goals for student achievement but lack the strategies that will guarantee the attainment of those goals. I believe with more effective leadership, Madison will meet and in some cases exceed the golas that have been set.

Posted June 30, 2005

Madison Elementary School 4

Posted January 29, 2005
Madison Elementary school ahs a dedicated staff. This staff along withit's administration is concerned about the educational welfare of it's students. the school administratio is concern about the community,they provide attiquit information to help those parents who's children attend it school district. the teachers are highly qualified to provide an efficient education to thier students. The staff gose far beyond the call of duty. This is a qualified school to educate it's students and prepare them for the future. Madison Elementary school's principal understands the need of the newark students, she is a former student of Madison herself and a former teacher. Her heart is in helping the students and the community that surrounds Madison school.

Madison Elementary School
823 S 16th St, Newark, NJ  07108
Last modified Madison Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Madison Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top