Bad
Good

Posted January 29, 2015
mckinley is a school all about leaning great things unlike other schools like dr e alma flagg thay are just haters of our school is the best ever

Posted February 08, 2014
I feel that McKinley is a great school for students 3-15 to go to. The staff are very kind and helpful. Go Mustangs!

Posted January 16, 2014
Wow...people are just making things up.... Don't believe all those negative reviews. My son is a PreK student at McKinley and he CAN READ ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted October 05, 2013
The things that i most like about my school is how much the students learn per day. Each day we learn something new in math,science,english language arts,world language and many more subjects; but out of all i love the way teachers help me and my classroom mates understand things much better.

Posted December 18, 2012
best school everrrrrrrrr i miss it so muchhh its awesome ^_^ its big and they have 2 gyms that is mad cool and the area is ghetto

McKinley Elementary School 2

Posted June 09, 2012
got there from Cuba in 1969 and stayed thru 1974. Mr Upton was the Principal he didn't care very much for hispanics....neither did MOST of the teachers. I had to stand up for myself and my little brother a lot. Lots of fights and bloody noses to hold my ground.

Posted January 31, 2012
I must say that there are some teachers in the 3rd grade that really work hard, Ms. Monero and Ms. Nascimento, they work together very well and the rest of the staff in the elementary (the one's that I am familar with) are also on par in their own way with these two teachers, specifically Mrs. G the art teacher, few people work as hard as these three women and they should get a few extra vaction days if I do say so myself.

Posted January 11, 2010
My son is a Pre-k student, currently attending this school, and his teacher Mrs.Richardson and Teachers Aid Mrs. Pacheco are amazing! Because it was my sons first year ever attending school he was nervous and difficult for mysef as well, but with these two wonderful, patient, teachers made him so comfortable, he now interacts with his classmates and has opened up greatly. He writes his first and last name and has excelled academically so much, I am so proud of him. Thank you Mrs. Richardson and Mrs. Pacheco!

Posted October 17, 2008
My daughter is currently attending this school. This school in an urban setting; but I will say that the prinicpal has helped my daughter a great deal and she really cares about each student!!!

Posted December 26, 2004
I was a student at McKinley. At first I didn't like it because the students were not nice but, I blended in and made friends. The staff was lovely (Mrs. Dickens, Mrs. Pocknett, Mr. Brown, Mr. Dandidge, Mr. Graham (8th grade), Ms. Teseroni(8th grade), Mrs. Lambert(8th grade), Mr. Johnson(8th grade), Mrs. Freeman(6th grade), Mr. Sansome(7th grade), Mr. Torres(7th grade), Miss Johnson (library), Mrs. Nunziata: your gonna write!(6th grade), Mr. William(6th grade)...All these people help make it possible for me to achieve today. They were the ones who stayed after school or pulled you to the side if you needed help or just needed a hug. They encouraged me to finish my project for 8th grade (the yearbooks) and they are the ones who gave me my 1st award: THE HUMANATARIAN AWARD. With hope that they see this and smile. And not to forget Mr. Computo...THANK YOU ALL

McKinley Elementary School
1 Colonnade Place, Newark, NJ  07104
Last modified McKinley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.