Posted June 10, 2014
My son has been attending Oliver St for the past 2 years and although I'm satisfied, I'm not overly impressed. My son has been lucky enough to have attentive and caring teachers who listen to what I'm saying and work with me to make sure my son is getting a good education. When my son started at Oliver St in the 1st grade, he was ahead of his class. He was excelling in math and reading but wasn't being challenged by the curriculum. I brought this issue to the attention of his teacher and the principal and they worked with me to develop a plan to help him move forward. He was taken from his first grade class and put into a class with second graders for reading and math. He is now finishing up his 2nd grade year with another thoughtful, caring, and attentive teacher. She has gone above the call of duty by keeping me informed of his progress/challenges. She noticed that my son is an avid reader and has encouraged his love of reading by supplying him with books that entice and challenge him. My only issue with the class this year is the homework or lack thereof. The homework he receives is unchallenging and rarely a necessary reinforcement of a newly learned lesson.

Posted June 14, 2013
My name is steven chen and I use to be in Oliver but I tranfer at fifth grade . Anyway while being there it was fun and I really learn a lot.But I missed my friends too.

Posted March 29, 2013
My school is fun, you learn alot and its just the best. most of people's life is chaged like me I was a girl that didnt like school but now im in Oliver Street School I get honor roll.I think I improve more and I can do alot of things. I like how all of us can learn happy we can all do this. My school dont need improvement its amzing - student at oliver!!!!

Posted November 11, 2010
Oliver street has change its even better this year new prinicipal new everything the inside is great the teachers some have been transfer lazy ones has gone out and the rest who cared they were kept into the school with a new prinicpal he keeps on track on everything im glad they've change the rules its about time they are now concern with the safety keep track on students education they make it fun to learn rules there must be followed and i havent seen no other best middle school in newark except oliver im glad that these words are coming out from me because i know its true

Posted October 17, 2009

Oliver Street Elementary School 4

Posted August 23, 2009

Posted September 02, 2007

Oliver Street Elementary School 4

Posted August 23, 2007

Posted January 03, 2007
This school year for my child has been a nightmare. I dont think the schools is really that great is for this reason that I will tranfer my child out. Teachers dont care. They are not really motivated the teach our children they are to stress out on there personal issues

Posted June 22, 2005

Oliver Street Elementary School
104 Oliver St, Newark, NJ  07105
Last modified Oliver Street Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oliver Street Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.