Bad
Good

I have been to the school,and i know that they definately do give work. It is most likely that your son just doesnt want to do homework and is lying to you. Check with his teachers, ask for progress report, and check the papers you sign, because if they are hidden, or he doesnt explain them, they are probably important paters, like report cards, or progress reports.

This is the best school I have ever attended. The prinicpal knows every student by name! He is kind not to mention the staff. I don't remember a time I was happier then when I was in Ridge Street. They took us in lots of trips and they provided a good academic programs. I would recommend this school to anyone!

I still don't know how his school rating is so high. My son is in the 8th grade and he hardly bring homework to the house. He alsways bring the same homework 1 or 2 exercises to finish from the math class and sometimes a paragraph to write for the writing class. I haven't seeing him reading or doing anything else. My daughter is on the 2nd grade in another school and have more homework than him. I am very disapointed. Will l what are they teaching him during the day? .

my child has been going there since first grade and he has learned alot there because the staff really care about their students GO RIDGE!!!

I guess we all agree... What is there not to love about ridge street! The staff at this school is just amazing, they truly care about our kids. The kids want to go to school and participate in activities. My kids are just a wonderful product of the love and encouragement ridge has given to them... Lets go Tigers!!

I went to Ridge St and now my two children attend Ridge St., This is one of the best schools in Newark. I vote b/c I love and feel like this is a great school!!! Go Ridge Street!! Go Tigers!!!

Because they help my kids to be success in the future

what's not to love about Ridge Street School...it's a family...from the moment you walk into the school you feel welcomed. Parents, Teachers, Administrators, Staff and students all ensure a safe and healthy learning environment. It is truly what a school should be! The best!

Teachers and staff are very involved and very caring.

My niece and nephew have excelled at Ridge Street. The teachers and staff are wonderful and committed to the kids.

Last modified Ridge Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.