Bad
Good

i think this school is great. the teachers and support staff shows much dedication to each student. yes some of the classrooms are overcrowded but so are most in the city. keep up the great work teachers and students!

im a parent at roberto clemente and all my kids went to this school and love it and my oldes son is 21 and my young one is 6

I have read the negativeity in the other reviews posted and while I wish I could say each was incorrect, sadly I can not. First, students and teachers being the heart and soul Roberto Clemente definitely has heart but it's soul is NOT what it should be. However, the first reviewer was right. If you demand a certain type of treatment and you stay committed and involved in the learning process, you and you child should come out on top at this school. Second, RC is overcrowded but so are several other school throughout Newark. Lastly, the office staff (one in particular) can be mean and abrasive. All that aside, RC has made incredible improvement in their NJASK scores and that means they must be doing something right. I credit it to strong school leadership, deeply involved parents and a lot of hard work by the students.

My son started at this school in grade 2 and wasnt really impressed, he is now in grade 4 and I have seen improvement in his work. A lot depends on the individual teachers, who will make the effort and who will encourage the students to work hard to succeed. The leadership has improved and I think the latest scores has also inspired the kids there. I wish they had a grade 5 so my son could continue there. I hope they continue to lead these kids well. Some of the office staff are prejudice and impolite, but I demand my rights, so I get the service.

This is one of the best improved schools in the City of Newark, NJ. NJ ASK scores went from 45 to 60 % passing in 2004 to high 80s and 90s passing in 2006. They repeated the scores in 2007. The administration and staff have done an excellent job in spite of adverse conditions and poor support from the district, including dumping of kids from nearby schools to this school. Why is it okay for our kids to have overcrowded conditions and not others? In spite of all this, they've consistently produced over the last three years. Congrats Folks!

Last modified Roberto Clemente Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.