South Seventeenth Street Elementary School 3

Posted November 02, 2013
i Used to Go Here A Long time ago i miss my favorite teachers lol It Used to be good but i think it probably got worse due to all the gang members living around the communities but who can determine how life goes only thing teachers are capable of is what they can handle something in there range but Mrs White,Ms Roberson, Mrs Mitchell, Ms Brown, Ms Carlisle, Ms Johnson i think they did a good teaching me when i was there but the school overall like teachers other then them i remember one teacher used to be funny in class saying stuff like "Simple Shannon" i forgot if he was talking to a student but it was funny in the Pre-K area I Remember Mr Allen From way back before South 17th He used to be a principal at George Washington carver when people used to try and jump me Compare South 17th to George Washington G.W is worse be lucky if your kid doesn't get bullied before the 3rd grade over there i used to live across the street from the school had to run cause i didn't know how to fight everyday at lunch time but i do see why the rating of the school is 2 out of 10 but look where its at you cant expect it to be some princeton in the ghetto you get what you get the way jersey is

South Seventeenth Street Elementary School 1

Posted May 06, 2013
The one bad experience I have is that my daughter study in this school. Teachers who had not been bad, except the last one is I'm not convinced, but that school personnel should work on a farm and not a school. They are rude, security smoke in the school gate and next to the children, talk with attitude to children and not to mention the vice principal who is always screaming and looking owed and not paid . Where will be the principal ... sorry for the mothers who continue to have their children there ... Thank God it's the last year of my daughter's school in that school

South Seventeenth Street Elementary School 5

Posted August 20, 2005

South Seventeenth Street Elementary School 2

Posted July 05, 2005
I think that the school has great potential under the leadership of Mr. Wright. However I feel that the teacher commitment and dedication to teaching the children and providing them with a strong curriculum should be challenged. I feel that the children's mind are not being challenged enough and therefore it will continue to allow them to achieve below average. I feel that the teachers should be re-evaluated and that as principal he should not feel that just because they were good 10 years ago means that they are the same caring and strong teachers prepared and ready to send forth strong minds and bodies today. Don't lose focus on the children re-evaluate your staff. I have children that quote remarks from one of their teachers and she seems famous for saying I don't care at least once a day as it relates to things they should feel comfortable asking her.

South Seventeenth Street Elementary School 1

Posted August 18, 2004
I think the some do not put the safety of the kids first nor do I think they are giving our kids the tools they need to be successful in the future.

South Seventeenth Street Elementary School 5

Posted August 31, 2003
We have a very good Principal. The success of this school is primary because of his leadership. He is concern about his faculty and especially his students. He tries to meet all the needs of the teachers when it comes to teaching tools. He send all his teachers to seminars to enhance their teaching ability.

South Seventeenth Street Elementary School
619 S Seventeenth St, Newark, NJ  07103
Last modified South Seventeenth Street Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Seventeenth Street Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top