PK-8 & Ungraded
Newark, NJ

Wilson Avenue Elementary School 4

Posted June 21, 2011
I am so very happy that my kids have gone to this school. Their staff and teachers are great! They really make the kids happy and make them work hard for their futures. I highly recommend Wilson Avenue to all the moms out there.

Posted April 20, 2011
I agree .. this school is wonderful. My kids have been coming here for years now and they love it.. the teachers, the school, the staff.. everyone is great. Definitely a school to rave about!

Posted April 18, 2011
This school is an excellent school because students are able to learn and feel safe at the same time & be able to get the vibe from teachers that they truely are there to help.

Wilson Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted September 28, 2009
They need more sport programs,arts more activitis.

Posted June 27, 2009
Great Staff and administrators. The building is so old. The Ironbound is in need of new modern facilities.

Posted November 29, 2008
Great school and wonderful caring staff from the office to the the aides

Posted May 21, 2008
Great School!Many activities for the children. Soccer, Chorus,Band, Basketball, Tennis, and much more.

Posted December 26, 2007
along with Ann Street, this is an excellent school with great staff and teachers. I have at parent night met with Ms. Ruela and she is a top-notch educator.

Wilson Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted June 13, 2006
My child went there for Kindergarten. Out of the local school choices I felt comfortable choosing this one. They had plenty of activities and my daughter's teacher, Mr. Texiera, really motivated the kids and challenged the students based on thier personal abilities. He was readily available for conferences and gave tips/suggestions when asked. For Kindergarten it was fine. I can't say how well it fares for grade school levels. We relocated to another state after Kindergarten.

Posted January 10, 2006
My children have attended Wilson Ave School for 4 years now. I have had very good and positive experiences there. The teachers and staff have always been very supportive and involved. The guidence and nurcing staff are awsome. They have free after school programs and a school band that they are developing. The staff are interested in developing strong ties to children and families. I have three children and they are recognized as a family and if one is acting up the teachers have always taken the time to inform a sibling so it gets to me or they call me personally.

19 Wilson Ave, Newark, NJ  07108
Last modified Wilson Avenue Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilson Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top