St. Vincent Academy 1

Posted December 09, 2014
Do NOT send your child to this school unless she is not a transfer student form another state. I moved my daughter from a private all girls school in New York to New Jersey and they made her write and essay about why she wants to be apart of their school and she did and when we had the appointment to go to the school they said they were going to review her grades and state test scores and they will call us back. They called back a day later saying "Oh how her essay was well written and her grades are excellent but we do not have room for her." If they did not have room why act like they were going to accept her then? I was even recommended to to take her to this school and this is what they did. I had the money and everything nothing was wrong. They were nasty rude people.

St. Vincent Academy 2

Posted March 11, 2014
As a parent, I feel that this school is not right for my daughter. Some of the teachers are very rude & disrespectful to my daughter as if they have a right to. They also show favoritism to some of there students

Posted November 05, 2013
My School is St Vincents Academy Newark NJ. This school was and still is one of the best schools around. I loved SVA and my experience there. The Freshman team, Ms. A, Ms. Cap, Ms Anicarico (not sure I'm spelling that correctly lol" were awesome! I graduated in 1986 and in 2003 My neice decided to attend SVA and guess what? The freshman team was still there! OMG! Those ladies were and are dedicated to the young ladies they teach. I loved it at SVA.

St. Vincent Academy 4

Posted June 23, 2013
I'll admit, I wasn't too keen on being in my first all-girl school. In all my years until a freshman at Saint Vincent Academy, I went to a co-ed school. Now finishing my freshman year I have to say, it was the best year and I couldn't even have imagined to experience. It was easy at first(to me), but soon got bumpy and challenging.The freshman teachers are forward, loving, and are motivators. They pushed us forward to make ourselves more than what we already were. Some of the teachers even went to the school, so they understand how we feel! On the other hand, they don't want us to give up and put less effort when we have so much potential.I love this school and I'm positive that your daughter would as well :)!

Posted June 21, 2013
As a current student of Saint Vincent Academy, I am learning many things and growing everyday. I love that the teachers care and push you to your goals. I do wish we could have more young teachers but I love every single one of them. I love Saint Vincent Academy and I cannot wait for my sophomore year!

Posted February 26, 2013
I had 2 daughters attend SVA. They hated it at first because of the all girl factor, but their social lives were not lacking so everything worked out. I have to say at times I wanted to pull them out because some of the Administrators speak to the parents as if we were the students. At the end of the day, I'm glad we didn't pull them out because I can tell how far my daughters have come compared to their other peers. It is a great school; however, you must practice patience with the Administrators. It's their way or the highway! Which is good on one hand, but no flexibility on the other.....I have no regrets. Both girls are doing great in college.

St. Vincent Academy 3

Posted December 14, 2011
I only wish that this school had more younger teachers. If this school invested in more teachers with more energy and passion, then I would've given SVA 5/5 stars. I remember being in some classes bored out of my mind, almost asleep! Many of these teachers should be retired already! They can barely keep up with the work they give us.The teachers can't relate to students on a student level because of their age. I feel so distant from some of them. How can you expect energy from me when you have no energy within yourself? All in all, I think that many of these teachers should be considering retirement and SVA needs to consider letting in energetic, young teachers in the classrooms. I believe it would be beneficial to many students attending. If you're looking for a school with young, new, experienced teachers, St. Vincent Academy is not the school for you.

Posted June 16, 2010
I am an alumnae of St. Vincent Academy's class of 2005. If you are looking for a school for your daughter that will prepare her for the real world and definitely college, this is the school to pick. When i first arrived at St. Vincents (SVA), I struggled through freshman year. The classes were more difficult than what I was expecting. However...My teachers pushed me to try and taught me the skills that I would use to succeed in SVA and college. I will never forget the work ethic and real world experiences that SVA prepared me for. At this school you will learn to skills necessary to make it out here in the world!...THANKS SVA FOR EVERYTHING!

Posted May 20, 2010
I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN THAT MY DAUGHTER WOULD ATTEND ST VINCENT FOR SOME REASON. THEN, CO-WORKER AFTER CO-WORKER INFORMED ME THAT THEY ATTENDED ST. VINCENT. MY DAUGHTER IS A SOPHMORE NOW AND LOOKING FORWARD TO GRADUATING FROM ST VINCENT. SHE INITIALLY WASN'T HAPPY WITH MY SELECTION; BUT SHE IS NOW. SHE HAS GROWN SINCE BEING AT ST VINCENT. SHE IS QUITE FOND OF A NUMBER OF THE TEACHERS. THEY HAVE A CARING DISPOSITION AND EXPECTS THE BEST FROM "THEIR" STUDENTS. THEY ARE NOT UP FOR FOOLISHNESS NOR DIS-RESPECT. THE TEACHERS, THE STAFF AND OF COURSE THE PRINCIPAL IS VERY ATTENTIVE, APPROACHABLE AND ENCOURAGING. I WILL CONTINUE TO SPREAD THE GOOD NEWS OF ST VINCENT ACADEMY. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL.

Posted March 22, 2010
My daughter is now a sophomore at St. Vincent Academy. St. Vincent stands for everything that I believe academically as well as socially. No one gets by with anything and the students are challenged to succeed and the standards are high. Assigments must be turned in on time and are graded accordingly. Miss a beat, and your grade is lowered or is exactly as it should be. There are no second chances unless there is extenuating circumstances. Principal as well as teacher leadership is excellent! If you are looking for a good school for your daughter, stop at St. Vincent Academy.

St. Vincent Academy