Newark, NJ

Posted December 14, 2014
I cannot say enough good things about St. Benedict's. (My son is part of the class of 2016.) While their academic program is lacking in terms of technology, they more than make up for that in teaching young men to think for themselves. They take these boys from boyhood to manhood and teach them not only to respect others, but themselves. There is a real brotherhood at the school that is palpable and the boys take care of each other. I love that the students are all required to put in "sweat equity". Teenagers need an outlet for all their energy and they have that opportunity via sports. They also are able to express themselves via the drama guild and other creative outlets. This is a very well rounded education and the teachers give above and beyond to their students. The headmaster is a tough, no-nonsense man, but full of genuine love and caring for his students. This is an environment that fosters the growth of leadership, responsibility and compassion. My son was very shy and now is someone that speaks up for himself. Thank you, St. Benedict's!

Posted June 03, 2014
St.Benedict's opens doors Students are encouraged to try new things and will get any support necessary to accomplish their dreams.

Posted September 21, 2013
St Benedict's prep is a great school excellent sport nice campus in the middle of the city. We'll known over the world and the country as far as sports number 1 school in the nation in overall soccer especially in wrestling basketball track and with out doubt soccer. Also the values of all races in one school working togther getting along and last year 99.8 percent of the senior class went To colleg. Also ephamsizes real world problems the boys will face one day a great school. And I swear to you guys number 1 school in the nation

Posted February 11, 2013
One of the best schools and environments you could possibly hope to provide to your son. I had one who graduated in 2010 and a current student scheduled to grauduate in 2016. You can't beat the academc and overall spiritual value no matter your religion.

Posted November 28, 2011
My son loved going to school every single day because he felt welcomed and loved by everyone.Excellent High School which I highly recommend.The academics are just as great as the sports.You get two for the price of one.The security is the best too.Home cooked meals for breakfast,lunch and dinner.I was so proud of my son on my way to his first basketball game it actually brought a tear to my eye because I knew this is where he was meant to be.We will always love and miss St.Benedict's Prep which was a High School I was so proud to say my son went to for two years.If he ever changes his mind and wants to go back we will go in a heartbeat.He just missed being away from his friends but now regrets he didin't stay.Now he realizes everyone at St.Ben's are his best friends forever. Thank you so much for giving my son such an excellent experience in High School which are really the best days of our lives. I can honestly say he had so much fun!!!

St. Benedict's Preparatory School 0

Posted April 30, 2010
It teaches religious values besides academic skills.

St. Benedict's Preparatory School 1

Posted March 16, 2009

Posted December 12, 2008
This institution will change your sons life. It is hands down, the best investment i ever made.

Posted November 05, 2008
This place is an anomly. It teaches young men to fight the struggle agianst nihilism by giving them a place to call home that is stable.

Posted June 11, 2008

St. Benedict's Preparatory School
520 Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard, Newark, NJ  07102
Last modified St. Benedict's Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
St. Benedict's Preparatory School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top