Ironbound Catholic Academy

Private | K-8 | 208 students

Living in Newark

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $200,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,290.

Sweep tile

Posted September 14, 2013

Ironbound Catholic Academy is a wonderful school! It is a small school with a bigger school moral than much larger educational institutes. Its small size allows for a much more personal experience for the students. Faculty treat their students as their own children while keeping educational goals intact.

Posted October 10, 2009

This school is an awesome academic wise. The student that surround the enviorment are so helpful and were a big help for me during my acdemic years there. I would recomend any student to go there because its a school to start children out onto their road to success.
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 1, 2009

I would have easily given them a five star except for the fact that they do not have any extra curriculum programs. Otherthan that, the school is excellent...worth every dime. I am moving and pray that I'll find a school of equal quality. The kids are disciplined, respectful, care for each other and socially very advanced. They teach them to be God fearing. The academics are very competitive.

Posted June 10, 2009

My daughter attended Kindergarden at I.C.A. I thought her teacher was sweet yet meant business as well. My daughter was overall fond of her teacher and that is important. I felt she came a long way in the school and learned a bunch. She learned her prayers too which was nice. I only sent my daughter because my school in my neighborhood doesn't have full-time Kindergarden. I did have a chance to visit my daughter's new school and in comparrison to this school when it comes to a facility, well there just isn't any. As my 5 year old put it, 'we don't even have a play area, it's a parking lot'. I think this school should consider investing some of it's cash in broadning the after school care and activities to make it a well rounded and balanced experienced for the students.

Posted February 15, 2009

I'm a student at I.C.A. and I truly like this school. There are a few problems but nothing is perfect. There are no After School Activities but the President of student Council is starting to make clubs in which children can join. There are favorite students but everyone can be a favorite if you try your hardest. Many Children like this school , homework isn't problem , teachers are just prepairing children for life. Life isn't easy , and I.C.A. truly helps you to accomplish life.
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 7, 2009

My kids attend this school, its a good school but needs some improvemnt. Some of the teachers have there favorite students and the rest of the students get the short end of the stick. there is to much homework given and it does take away from family time. there is no after school activities for the kids. The teachers do know all the childrens name which is a plus and when you leave your child you know there are safe. I wish they would have some after school activities like basketball, girl and boy scout,cheerleading something the kids can enjoy and when they do any type of programs or activities during school they would let all children participate not only the few chosen ones.

Posted June 27, 2008

good school but a lot of homework in the begining of school year but in the end of the school every slow homework

Posted September 24, 2004

I used to sing this schools praises until I realized the emotional damage done by some of the teachers in St. Casimir's since my child left. The teachers use exessive homework as punishment and yelling at the children as a form of communication. I don't know if the teachers just get tired and send remaining work home passed off as homework but they need to their jobs and stop cutting into family time. I am all for homework as reinforcement but not as punishments. Unfortunately, the principal will always side with her teachers so there is no reaching a compromise. A few of older teachers are fantastic, they are more settled when it comes to dealing with the children but the young teachers leave alot to be desired. The emotional baggage my child has to unload from this school is unbelievable. It's time to wake up and clean house.

Posted February 23, 2004

My name is Lourdes Del Valle , and my son Julian Mena was enrolled in this school last year in pre-k, I can't no express my gratitude and my satisfaction enough . He had a wonderful experience and I'm looking foward to have him come back .Now that he attends another school I coukd see the difference. I always liked that the principal knows each kid by the first anme and the enviroment was excellent . He felt so at home with everyone there and till today he miss evryone there so do I . Mrs.Cravo was an excellent influence in my son first year and so was Mrs.Ahmed.I hope to see you next year!

Posted August 26, 2003

Within the past three years St. Casimirs has improved. I am sure that this calender year it will improve much more so we can have better results.

Asian 2% 8%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Portuguese
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
Foreign languages spoken by staff

School start time
  • 8:00am
School end time
  • 2:45pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Foreign languages taught

Foreign languages spoken by staff
  • Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Newark

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

366 E Kinney St