Posted April 18, 2014
Philip's Academy has everything that a young child need to enhance their ability to learn to further their career.

Posted December 10, 2013
Excellent! I absolutely love the environment. Academics and food are of the highest quality. My son is blossoming academically and socially, he is placed in enrichment groups to challenge him more. We are now in a dilemma while we want to move out of Essex County due to high property taxes we don't want to move our son from this school. It's worth the sacrifice. You have to be involved if you want to get everything out of this wonderful opportunity. Any negative reviews are those who chose not to adjust or be involved in the school community.

Posted November 21, 2013
My school is the best. I've been there since kindergarden and i love the school. they treat me like family and they love me as much as my family does. the school is a wonderful community.It's the best school in newark,nj. You should go here. ps. if you want to come here you have to be a role model and focused to get into this school. care about your effort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted December 28, 2012
This is the best school I have EVER attended. I came here in the Upper School and am now an eighth grader. When I first came to SPA, it was a social and academic adjustment. I had trouble making friends. However, I have grown so much. I have many friends now. I have become more outgoing due to the great community here at SPA. We have an advisory group where we talk and play games. We do community service with the younger kids, and all of the grades hang out. At my old school, I was ignored by my teachers. Here, the small enviroment has allowed me to find my academic potential. The teachers are always willing to stay for extra time, especially Mrs. Ito and Mr. Eichmann. The Chromebooks given to us eighth graders have been an extreme help. I am able to hand in work on time and collaborate with my peers. The lunch may not be that great, but I d rather go to a school with healthy lunch, great academics, advanced technology, and a great community than my old school, where the lunch was awesome, but there were various cliques and unhelpful teachers. Signed, a current student sad to leave SPA.

Posted December 16, 2011
All my children are enrolled in the school and I am extremely satisfied with the attention they receive by their teachers and the high quality of academic rigor. The food program is incredible as it is healthier and more delicious than the food I prepare at home sometimes. Parents are expected to be involved and that is a big plus. The teachers are all extremely dedicated to their students and provide a lot of individual attention.

Posted November 28, 2011
This school is outstanding. I've never seen anything like it, they adapt each lesson for different styles of learning and incorporate technology into the classroom in innovative ways. There is such a nice balance of technology and caring for the environment, these kids are going to be very well balanced!!!

Philip's Academy Charter School 1

Posted October 28, 2010
This school is terrible. I hate it. I have been in this school for four years and I absolutely hate it along with my fellow eighth graders. There is so much unnesscerary drama and the lunch is disgusting. I even found a hair in my soup. Adding to that, you can't do what you want to do at recess. They only have a few games that most of the kids don't even want to play. Sure, the teachers are really helpful, but this school is a no. Do not send your child to a school where they will be talked about, lied to, and sad. Do not attend this school!

Philip's Academy Charter School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
Small class size, the teachers and adminstrators love their students, the education is that of a high cost independent school, made available to students in newark. Our students graduate and go onto the top independent and boarding schools in the country, and on to the top colleges and universities.

Philip's Academy Charter School 0

Posted January 27, 2010
It's not always about the academics. So far I am happy with my choice as my daughter is in kindergarten. I love the cultural exposure, Green activities, and the community volunteering. Although I do want my daughter to excel academically, I do want her to be aware of the world. St. Philip's strives to do that. And yes, she did forget her spoon for her snack and the teacher did not have one in the class. Recently when I forgot and even when she did have one, the teacher provided a spoon (see 8/18/08 review). As with anyplace you have to give and take.

Philip's Academy Charter School 2

Posted November 27, 2009

Philip's Academy Charter School
342 Central Ave, Newark, NJ  07103
Last modified Philip's Academy Charter School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Philip's Academy Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top