K-2, 5-12 & Ungraded
Public charter
Newark, NJ

Posted November 05, 2012
This is one of the best Charter Schools in Newark. The teachers are student friendly and if you child is struggling, they are on point to help. The children love Team Academy and every morning these children are outside an hour before the school opens and the school opens at 7:20 a.m., that is how much these kids love this school. Someone previously on this review didn't like the Saturday sessions, I don't know what happen in the past, but the only way your child would go to school on a Saturday is if he/she earned a trip. There are no classes on Saturdays on trips and events. I am a Parent and I love Team Academy..

Posted April 24, 2010
Team Academy is 100% committed to helping kids achieve their best potential with a profesional faculty and staff.

Team Academy Charter School 4

Posted October 31, 2009
My son have been with Team since the fifth grade he has developed into a fine young man.The teacher are always there for them in there academics as well as there every day growth.I tip my hat to the staff job well done, keep doing what you are doing.

Posted May 29, 2009

Team Academy Charter School 4

Posted May 18, 2009

Posted May 16, 2009
As a former student of TEAM i have to say it is one of the best schools in Newark. They make learning fun but also easy. They become more than a school they become family, you actually want to get up and go there. I remember in 5th grade by October i can honestly tell you i had memorized my times table, the same times tables that i had tried to memorize sine 2nd grade. An extrodinary school i recommend any parent who actually wants thier child to be something to enroll them in TEAM imediatly!

Posted April 08, 2009

Posted December 20, 2008
Wonderful school what can I say. Its an college prep school. Its setting up my child for success .

Posted November 04, 2008
I strongly dislike theyre sister school(Rise Academy) because it is way to strict. Just like all Kipp schools including team. The kids have to gop to schoo, on Sat. stay untill 5pm,and they will not allow my child or any any of the others to skip grades when evry day my child comes home to complain that he was taught things he learned 2 yrs. ago and was sent to detention for going ahead on work.Also the way he was sent home with a homework notice for foggetting a period on his heading. i understand the choices of Kipp schools to helo our childeren and im not saying 4 them to change evry thing just to simmer down on the strictness

Posted October 30, 2008
I'm a 7th grader at TEAM Academy and although i strongly dislike the school often we have fun as a TEAM and family and at TEAM there is a safe enivorment and a staff that you can talk to about your problems not only in school but also your problems at home.i love TEAM Academy.

Team Academy Charter School
60 Park Place, Newark, NJ  07112
Last modified Team Academy Charter School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Team Academy Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top