Bad
Good

The people that review this school are very misinformed. And I am disappointed to here the negativity that is bestowed upon my school . This school have remarkable expectations. They require you to take 5 years of mathematical courses. You have to keep a 2.0 or higher to remain a student. You don't graduate unless you accepted into a college. And finally we have 99% graduation rate. The other one percent are in the armed forces . This school does lack a decent facility because of the lack of fundings it has. Other than that, your child would be honored to attend an academy of such prestige .

I contradict the statement that was previously made. If the school does lack the quality in peforming the actual activity into playing the role in educational value then why is American History High ranked as #3 in Newark Highest Performing High Schools? American History High School is doing very well. It may be a small school with other small problems like any other school but 98% of the first graduating class were accepted into institutions of higher learning because of thier academic performance.

they have no quality in erforming the actual activity into playing the role in education value

This school could be great, but the discipline is poor. The principal is a good guy, but he is weak and wants to be the friend to the students. My relatives go to North Star and the difference is night and day. Most parents only have the other high schools to compare this one to. Another example of low expectations in Newark. We expected more. Public schools are too easy and watered down in Newark. They don't read and hardly get homework. At home we make our child read novels because they are never assigned at this school. I'm still grateful that my child does not have to go to the other schools where all they do is fight. The teachers are nice, but the demands are low.

This is my fourth year in American History High School, and I can say nothing but good about this school. As my Senior years reaches its' full swing, I am reminded of the great experiences in the classrooms and hallways. The teachers, some still hold your hand to make sure you keep up with the work and than others, treat you as if you were in College, they don't hold your hand, they don't tell you what to do. The school's curriculum is just like any other High School, so I don't see why another student would deem it fit to attack the school on that level. It is up to you to make the effort, not the teachers, and it certainly prepares you for High School. If you want to be prepared, and have a chance of taking on College (plus the College courses AHHS offers) then come here.

Quite honestly as a freshman at AHHS i'm utterly dissapionted, i expected more of a challenge. In every class. The teachers are sufficent enough. The curriculm is okay. It not mind altering or anything of that sorts, unfortunatly. The counselors are not up to par,and with certian teachers you feel definetly lost. AHHS is a nice school, but if you're looking for a chalenge i'd look otherwise like I am.

its cool not to big not to small you can get to your classes on time. cool people. not soo much drama. lots of clubs

This school is amazing. Rarely do you see a building where every child is known by a staff member who is vested into their future. I couldn't chose a better school for my son who is in his first year at A.H.H.S. I hope they get a new school so they can really take off.

I am still in my third year at American History High School and I am sad. I am sad because these three years have been some great high school years and I don't wont to leave. I have met new people that I would have never thought in my life that I would meet such as Bill Cosby and Jesse Jackson. I am sad that it is all about to end but I would not trade the experience that I had here for the world. I love American History High school and I am proud to go here.

I have been a student of A.H.H.S for 2 years now nad i can say that through it all the drama this has been a great school thanks to the A.Robert Gregory he has set such a high excellence to the school its like you cant help but to achieve it.......

Last modified American History High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.