K-5 & Ungraded
Public charter
Newark, NJ

Posted October 07, 2014
My son has been attending UHCS for the past 4 years and will be graduating from the 8th grade. UHCS really worked with my son through some challenges he had. I am honored that this school was part of his educational growth. The teachers are willing to meet with you any time. They also assist with getting your children into a great high school.

University Heights Charter School 3

Posted December 19, 2011
I attended the school that was formerly in the UHCS building, Bethany Academy. I also attended UHCS the first 2 years it opened (07-09), in 2nd and 3rd grade. Back then, the school was run by Dr. Linda. We had no library- the library students go in now was just an empty room we sometimes used for meetings. We were behind in academics- in second grade; my teacher tried to teach us division and failed. We went on to third grade not knowing how to divide or multiply. In fourth grade, we were taught the basics on curriculum that should ve been given to us years ago. The school has certainly turned itself around. There are books in the finished library; the students go on field trips (I only remember taking 1 in the two years I spent there), and it seems like the test score ratings have gone up. However, if you are looking for more than the average school, go to St. Mary s, St. Philips, North Star, etc. Those schools will put your child s curriculum head on head with other cities like Livingston or East Orange.

University Heights Charter School 4

Posted October 27, 2011
I absolutely love this school. My son has been here since grade K and he has stayed motivated throughout the years. He's had an amazing year last year in 2nd grade and I absolutely LOVED his teachers Ms. Urban and Ms. Tag!!!! Although the school lacks parent involvment, you can always count on the same few parents that are always there! All in all...Great School and I would definitely recommend to others!

University Heights Charter School 4

Posted October 07, 2011
My son had a great year in second grade last year. Ms. Urban and Ms. T really got him excited about school.

University Heights Charter School 2

Posted June 25, 2010
i think the teacher are very young, the lack experience. the communication is terrible with parent. i took my son out this year. It is a better option that public school with their are a lot of better charter and private school in newark

University Heights Charter School 0

Posted May 12, 2010
staff is good and encourage kids for education

Posted June 19, 2009
Job well done Ms. Nelms! the staff is wonderful

University Heights Charter School 3

Posted June 05, 2009
Dr. Woodson is no longer at the school and the circulum has been revamped. I see the school moving in the right direction. I expect scores to be higher this year.

University Heights Charter School 0

Posted January 04, 2009
university heights is a great school. they teach ur kids about there future. also you will be pleased to send ur child there

Posted December 10, 2008

University Heights Charter School
74 Hartford Street, Newark, NJ  07103
(973) 623-1965
Last modified University Heights Charter School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
University Heights Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top