9-12 & Ungraded
Newark, NJ

Posted April 05, 2014
This school is excellent, and so many different activity's. My kids grades have really improved from b+ to straights A+.

Posted September 06, 2013
Only knowing this school for three days, I could tell you that at this school it is imperative to do your work and want you to learn items that are taught to you during your time at the school. Most importantly, to come to school, this will almost guarantee your success. Homework is important to do because it is only ten precent of you grade. The school environment is nice quite and there is as little to no violence in the school because the toleration of bullying, fighting, arguing, etc. is not prohibited n this school. If you are to attend this school, you should know that your work must be done in Cornell form. thanks for your time.

Posted July 24, 2009
My first year in this school was very inspiring there, was a huge difference between middle school. They had more dicipline and more oppurtunities. The shops that they have are great and very helpful for what is to come in the real world. They offer alot of shops like Lawand puublic saftey, Mechanical Drafting, Buisness Culinary arts, and even Carpentry. I really look forward to my next 3 years at this great school.

Essex County Vocational School 3

Posted April 30, 2009
When it comes to sports we need more varieties. The sports that need to be added should be football, lacrosse, tennis, bowling, hockey, and swimming. The sports we do have, we have dedicated teachers and coaches that do work hard for their teams. In example, Weshnak. He works hard for his volleyball teams and his senior class advisor duties. He definitely goes out his away for the team he coaches. Over all, the can improve in many ways.

Posted April 27, 2009
I think this school is an excellent school! last year tthis school was going down but thanks to our wonderfull new principle , mrs.Jeter, our school is going from good to great. She does not let any student go down. This school now offers free tutoring for help. She awads honor roll, and she helps the others achieve it. This school is a five star school because the classes are made to help students learn and with the new caps class that lets students start to plan out their future and get a clear view of the future.

Essex County Vocational School 4

Posted April 27, 2009
I think that N. 13th St. Campus is above average becasue of the many hands on activities that we do on the regular basis. Unlike many other high schools every day we something to look forward to that involves us actually learning by means of experience. Some activities that we engage in daily are: Cosmetology, Accounting, Culinary Arts, Mechanical Drafting, Industrial Maintenace, Law and Public Safety and much more. For all this school has to offer this school incoming ninth graders, that will soon be going to into the work force, it should definitely be recognized as 'Above Average.'

Essex County Vocational School 4

Posted April 27, 2009
I think that this school is over all nice in many ways... Our new principal ms.Jeter is turning our school into a really fun and learning enviornment and shes really striving for us to become something she really cares for her students and thats a great characteristic for a principal im not going to say our school is the best but its not the worst in many ways now this year our school have been much much more fun and a school that we would want to attend personally I dont like some of the rules in this school but not everything you should get you have to be content so overall I would rate my school above average.

Posted April 27, 2009
One thing I like about N. 13th St. Campus is that it has different shop classes. Shop classes are a big help to many students in the school. The good thing is that the shop classes open many oppourtunities to the student body. Even for the kids who plan on not going to college. they have many jobs available to them. Shop classes are also a big help for students who also are planning to go to college. IIf i was to recomment a school to any parent, it would definitely be N. 13th St. Campus.

Posted April 27, 2009
This school has great things to offer. We have a dedicated staff that does their best to ensure student achievement. We offer free tutoring, SAT, and HSPA prep. Students are able to choose either before or after school to attend. This ensures that prep classes work around their on their own obligations and responsibilities. We also have a wealth of clubs and activities for students to participate in, both in and out of school. Another positive is the school s attention to security and safety. When teachers and students feel safe, the academic environment is allowed to flourish. As a vocational school, students learn a trade skill which they will take with them forever. Students can use this skill to enter to job market or to supplement their income during the college years. The guidance department is second to none. They assist students in applying to colleges, provide career assistance, and make the difficult transitions into and out of high school easier for apprehensive students. This school is a great school for students who are looking to gain knowledge and experience in both the vocational and academic realms.

Essex County Vocational School 3

Posted April 27, 2009
In all the years that I have attended north13th street campus it has been a wonderful experience. The activities weren't that much fun up until this year.I have learned an extreme amount of decipline which will allow me to be aware of the real world. The shops are interesting. I currently do the law academy which is a good field to be involved in. But it requires alot of work, which anyone is capable of as long as you are willing to put forth your best effort. I recommend that you come prepared to face what it is like being in the real world at north 13th, from favoritism, to teachers pets,to just plain unfairness but that is what you will face in life. If you would like to see a good future or to be prepared for collage I suggest north 13th school because of the great programs they have.

300 N 13th St, Newark, NJ  07107
Last modified Essex County Vocational School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Essex County Vocational School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top