Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 23, 2015
I'd like to say thanks to Mr. Brown for all that he has done for both my sons and both of my neices. He has been an inspiration to all of them and to me and my wife. Hope he is still around when my 7 year old who is in kindergarten at Spark gets to Rise Academy. Thank you so much Mr. Brown.

Posted September 24, 2015
To whom it may concern the entire staff is very caring for our children education and safety ,the staff is always smiling from the principal on down to his staff keep up the good work and may we all pray for the students ,entire staff and pray for our school and the safety of everyone entering the building and a safe return home

Posted April 17, 2014
It helps kids learn the understanding of being an adult and growing up to be a successful college student .

Posted February 05, 2014
This is my daughters 3rd year at Rise Academy. There are many great schools and great teachers in Newark school system but my daughter and Rise Academy are a perfect fit. My daughter was about two grade levels behind in reading when she went to Rise Academy, now she is reading at every turn. She has read over 2.5 million words so far in this school year. Thanks to the staff at Rise Academy. They have a work hard play hard mentality, which as a great balance to it. What my daughter may not see it that when they are playing hard they are also learning. I love this school.

Rise Academy Charter School 4

Posted April 03, 2013
This is my sons first year at RISE. At his previous school they were unable to get him to perform and even suggested that we lable him and put him on meds. I knew that was not an option. We refused to accept their assessment and allow him to become another statistic in the city of Newark. Since enrolling at RISE Academy this kids scores and outlook has risen to new heights. He's excited about learning and his grades are far better than expected. We have already visited and picked out his future college - Princeton! Thank you KIPP and RISE Academy for allowing us to keep hope alive!

Posted December 18, 2011
I am a student who goes to Rise Academy Charter school and this is the best choice for 5-8 graders because they make you want to succeed and climb the mountain to college. Our core values at this school is to Work Hard, Be Nice, Change The World, and also Take Responsibility. I am going to be graduating this year and I've been here since 5th grade. Over the years I've grown from a kid who didn't really like school to a kid who wants a great future for myself and to go to high school and college. I went from a school where academics didn't really matter to a school where you can express yourself and have fun but still do what you need to do to acheive. I really think many kids should attend this school to make a diffrence for other generations to come.

Posted March 24, 2010
I am very proud of my girls attending the school. The rules can be very petty at times but i do understand that it is to benefit the kids in the long run. They are prepairing them for real life experiance. Teaching them to be accountable for their action. My girls know now that you have to work hard to be successful.

Posted October 02, 2009
I am a new parent to the Rise Academy Family, but must say that my 5th grader has definitel made an about face since attending Rise. At her previous school, we struggled on a constant basis with her willingness to engage in homework assignments or extracurricular activities. I am very proud of my daughter and definitely recommend Rise to any middle school bound student and their parents. The atmosphere is totally different and it has helped provide structural guidance to my child when it comes to taking the initiative of completing homework when she walks in the door from school as opposed to waiting until I return home from work to assist. She is more confident when taking on homework assignments. Thanks Rise and please keep up the good work.

21 Ashland Street, Newark, NJ  07103
Last modified Rise Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8
Rise Academy Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top