K-5 & Ungraded
Public charter
Newark, NJ

Posted May 14, 2013
This school is actually K-5 and provides a top-notched acadmic program to all of its students. An inclusive classroom setting, staffed by two qualified teachers ensures that all students receive the attention that they deserve.

Posted May 07, 2013
This is my second year teaching at NECCS. I have seen much positive growth during my time here. Our new administration is competent, dynamic, committed and inspirational! The staff has been challenged and invigorated. We are a school of focused, hard-working students and teachers. There is a great deal of professional development for teachers here and we have seen tremendous student growth this year. Next year in our new building, I am sure we will continue to grow in a positive direction! Don't let negative comments posted during previous years sway you. Our charter has been renewed for five more years! We are working hard and accomplishing much! This is a GREAT school with a powerful mission moving in the right direction!

Posted May 06, 2013
I am so impressed with the positive changes that have happened this year at NECCS! As a parent, it is refreshing to see the new administrators turn the school around. The building is certainly more settled. My kids' teachers are wonderful, and there is lots of learning going on!

Posted May 06, 2013
I am so happy with the positive changes that have happened this year. The administration is always available and very supportive. The staff is very friendly and on task.

Posted May 06, 2013
When I think of NECCS, I feel relieved to know that this school is providing opportunities for children to learn in an environment where they feel safe and cared for. When I visit the school, I see children smiling , happy and full of confidence. They are not afraid to express themselves and the teachers seen to encourage it. I really like that as in the past, children were expected to be seen, but not heard. I'm happy to know that NECCS values children and hold high expectation for them. I would recommend this school to anyone who believes that all children deserves to learn.

Posted May 06, 2013
New Leadership! New Mission!!! Change for the BEST NECCS has definitely risen to the occasion. There has been a major transformation at this school. I am pleased with the work my child is doing. She is not only learning facts but understanding the process of learning. The teachers are warm and loving yet firm and determined. I'm please to see the transformation the school and undergone and look forward to a successful future for my daughter at this school.

Posted May 06, 2013
NECCS is creative, progressive and dynamic. Its new leadership has helped shape a strong, productive and consistent learning environment. I'am very exited with its momentum and look forward to continue being a part of its community.

Posted May 05, 2013
This school is an amazing place where best practices in education come together with urban public schools to create a dynamic mix for the students! If seeing is believing than go and see for yourself!

Newark Educators Charter School 1

Posted August 15, 2012
Newark Educators' Community Charter School is lacking in competent leadership, lacks a curriculum that is reflective of the student population and greater Newark community, many of the teachers lack classroom management, the school lacks consistency in policies and systems, has a high teacher turnover rate, there is a huge cultural disconnect between the staff and families, the academic program does not hold anyone accountable: not students, parents, teachers, or staff, NECCS does not attract highly qualified or skilled teachers, and it is misleading the community by having the word "charter" in its name. The Newark community deserves high quality charter schools, and unfortunately NECCS is failing its students, families, and the community.

Newark Educators Charter School 2

Posted June 04, 2012
Initially when my daughter went to NECCS the school was more structured than it is now. I find myself now looking for another school to place my child. The teachers challenged the students to be critical thinkers, however missing the basic fundamentals such as phonics and grammar. As I observed the students this year, if I was an educator I would find it difficult for a child to learn when your school consists of children with no respect for authority and a leadership that points fingers at the educators when they are also partly to blame for the academic decline. I pray that NECCS will learn from past mistakes and become the school that I used to enjoy sending my child.

Newark Educators Charter School
17-19 Crawford St, Newark, NJ  07102
Last modified Newark Educators Charter School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newark Educators Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top