No rating

Notre Dame Regional School

Private | PK-8

Living in Newfield

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $130,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,100.

Posted September 1, 2008

The comment of the teacher below was from someone from many years ago or from someone whose tenure was very short lived. Notre Dame is an excellent school. Our children are very happy attending Notre Dame and all of the CURRENT teachers are very nice, helpful and supportive, not to mention certified! Sour grapes and public school.....perfect together!

Posted August 20, 2008

I love NDRS, the teachers are so wonderful! You could not ask for a better environment for your children

Posted July 1, 2008

I love NDRS! The teachers are awesome and will take the time to help you individualy.
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 20, 2008

All of our children graduated Notre Dame and went into public high school in advanced classes. More importantly, high school teachers ALWAYS comment on how polite our children are and that they have proven themselves as leaders in the classrooms and on the sports' fields. We will continue to support Notre Dame 100% and be forever grateful for the teachers & staff that continously reinforced our beliefs in the classroom while helping our children become the 'best of the best' in catholic education!

Posted September 1, 2007

Last December I was hired to teach Advanced Math in grades 5-8. The experience was wonderful! My students were delightful and the parents and teachers made me feel so welcome right from the start. Parents who have complaints or concerns need to be more specific about whatever they perceive as wrong with the school, the teachers, the curriculum, the treatment of the students, etc. It is very difficult to 'fix' the problems that are causing parents such concern when the complaints are so vague or general. Tell us what is wrong and we will do our best to fix it. Mary Jo Lawler Advanced Math teacher

Posted May 25, 2007

I do not agree with the parents that are complaining in reference to this school emphasizing only on money. Notre Dame is not state funded and therefore relies on donations, fundraisers, tuition and grants. I feel that this is a small price to pay for the morals and learning that my son is receiving. He is in Pre-K 3 and his teacher, Miss Kristen is awesome. The principal, Ms. Filip, is great too and is taking our school in a wonderful direction! I love Notre Dame.

Posted January 7, 2007

I had 2 children in this school. You can see from reading these reviews that there are very opposing views about this school. When my first child entered the school I would have said wonderful things about it as so many have. Many years later when my second entered my view point changed to the extreme opposite, where I can't say enough of how bad it has become. I think it all began with the declining health of the Prin. & VP. To off set there lack of energy they allowed a select group of women parents to gain control of the school.

Posted October 5, 2006

I absolutely disagree with any of the negative comments. I have a child in 4th and a child in 1st. The teachers are caring and loving. Most of the parents that complain think the world should revolve around their 'little darlings'. They need to understand that their child cannot receive individual attention. Did they ever think that maybe it's the kid and not the school? And yes, it does require additional monies to keep the school running, but they knew that when they sent their children to private school. I am totally happy with Notre Dame and know we made the right decision.

Posted June 14, 2005

Our family s first 2 years were great, but this year was not! The kindergarten class was too full and I feel that my child did not have the challenges or the learning experience he/she should have had. I also feel that certain teachers should not be teaching. There is a certain level of care, understanding and love that needs to be filtered into to certain rooms. This lack of care and help is not the kind of environment I want my children in. Teachers should offer parents/students help and suggestions, parents should not have to drag this information out of a teacher like I have had to do. This school is also all about money! I feel that when they stop caring so much about money, stop protecting bad teaching habits and stop caring about who you are in the community then it would be a better place.

Posted January 18, 2005

I too must agree. A couple of the teachers there seem to pick out a few kids a year and just nag at them. I had my child there for a couple of years. I thought it was all okay until we moved and then it all came to light. I did help in the classroom, with lunch time, holiday parties and the many fundraisers. I guess it doesn't just happen to those who don't help it can happen to anyone. I was very upset to hear my child say that the feelings towards him were of hate and no good. I hope somehow things change. For the sake of the next child, children. It's not the way Lord teaches us so why is this the way they are teaching them?

Posted January 14, 2005

To continue from above. She was so happy at first. Education wise the public school she was at is ahead of them. I felt it was okay she was getting the word of the Lord, it all equals out at one point. I had peace of mind. Until she finally felt it was okay to tell me what was wrong. Why she seemed sad, why her A, B grades now were C, D, & even F's. I knew something was wrong. She was afraid to be wrong, afraid of getting yelled at AGAIN! That's not how a child should be it's okay to make mistakes. This teacher has made a few with just the few parents I have come across. I pulled my daughter out of there. She is back to happy. Ready to work harder as long as it keeps her out of Norte Dame, she'll do anything. So Sad!

Posted December 8, 2004

I have had my daughters at the pre-school. And one went to public school for awhile. Big mistake! i personally am so thrilled she is back at notre dame. And you know she is just as happy. She loves that she can now pray at lunch time, without anyone looking at her. She has blended and been welcomed right in. This is more then a school it's like a family. We all look out for each others children, their best interests. We support our school just as much as they support us. As a parent there is nothing more i could ever ask for. I know when i drop my daughters off at school they will be just as happy when i pick them up. The peace of mind is just an added bonus.

Posted August 19, 2004

My child too went to this school for several years and I found the school's main interst was money! Some of the teachers do not have the child's best interest at heart either. Furthermore, the things my child learned from other children at the school was absolutely shocking to me - I paid all this money to keep my child from hearing these things and he learned them anyway and in K and 1st Grade! More importantly, when my child was injured at school no one called me or sent a note home - yet the second you owe them money for a fundraiser or tuition - they are banging your door down!

Posted February 23, 2004

Notre Dame is a great place for learning the basics along with values and advanced classes. Come visit us and see. 856-697-0155

Posted September 16, 2003

My children have attended Notre Dame for 5 years and it has been a very positive learning experience for them. The teachers are great and it just keeps getting better and better!

Posted September 12, 2003

My two children transferred from vineland public schools to notre dame three years ago. The first thing they said the first day of school was 'its fun, nobody yells at us here!' We have been very pleased with the school. Every school has little things someone doesn,t like but overall its grest! My children have had great teachers in third, fourth and now fifth grade. The entire staff is very caring and always takes time when you need them. I'm proud to send my children to notre dame

Posted September 12, 2003

I am a techer at Notre Dame Regional, and I have to say the privious statement disturbs me. The scholl is a wonderful place to work, and to learn. If needed I will provide you with a list of faculty, students, parents, and alumni that would be eager to comment on how it is a wonderful learnin institution.

Posted September 11, 2003

I have 2 children that go to this school. They love it, and I as a parent also think it's a great school. Parents, teachers, and students work together for the big picture. Better education, and good educated children ready for High School. My children are in grade 3 and 5. I have an 18 month old child and plan on him attending the school also. I work full time and the school makes available before and aftercare. They also have a terrific summer camps which my children love. This school is more like a community working for the same goals- having a great school to educate our children.

Posted September 10, 2003

We have two children that are graduates of Notre Dame Newfield and found it to be very child centered and family oriented. My children were well prepared for high school and are now successful adults.

Posted September 10, 2003

We currently have two children in Notre Dame...We have found the school to be a blessing. The teachers and staff take the time to get to know and care about each child and his/her abilities and talents. We have seen this in the short time since switching from another local Catholic school less than two years ago. This is what it is like at Notre Dame: Last winter our second child and I toured the school with the principal. As we were greeted warmly by every teacher and her class during our tour, the principal keenly noticed how nervous and worried our son appeared as he looked around his future school. She suggested that he come back in June for a couple of hours so that September wouldn't be so scary for him. We did just that ~ but found that he was very worked-up that morning and clung to me in the office. The school secretary and office aide kindly dropped what they were doing when they saw his anxiety and tried to comfort him while he was on my lap. Then they called the asst. principal to our aide, who also tried to make him feel better about my leaving. She thoughtfully sent for my older child to hold his hand and assist in walking him into his classroom for a few hours. It was very difficult to leave him without knowing he was composed. The secretary and office aide took the time to check on him for me, assuring me he was settled in his sibling's classroom and that he would be in good hands. It was then as I wept briefly in my car that I knew my children were in the right place. A place where people practice what they preach, where children can be children, where they are shown how important and loved they are, where each child's individuality is appreciated and enhanced, a place were a love of learning and reading is developed through creative yet challenging activities. Hours later when I picked him up, he was all smiles. All summer long he looked forward to school. His first day of school went off without a tear! I wish I could say the same.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 9%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mary Jude Filep
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Camden