7-12 & Ungraded
Newton, NJ
Students enrolled: 1,146

Kittatinny Reg High School 1

Posted April 29, 2014
Kittatinny is a school filled with drugs and sexual people. I am ashamed I have to send my children here. There is a pregnant girl in my child's grade! I am sick of this school and my child is going to a new school next year.

Posted August 16, 2011
I have two children at this school and it makes me nauseous that this is where I have to send them. I have personally been told more than once, by multiple administrators and teachers that they can't help my children because they are too busy to help one individual student. this is despite the fact that on of my children has a 504 and they are required by federal law to give extra help!

Posted February 27, 2011
I recently move to the area with a student going into 7th grade. It was quite the culture shock, since we came from a small 3rd-8th grade school district. It was a truly difficult time adjusting to the grand school, but the teachers and ESPECIALLY the Jr High Principal "Sharon Falchetta's outstanding compassion for her students, created a warm and inviting environment for my child to adjust. I simply can't say enough about the Jr High staff. I am excited for my childs progress and can only hope that the high shool staff is as AWESOME as the Jr High staff. Thank you all for your amazing heartfelt assistance in welcoming my child to your outstanding school!

Kittatinny Reg High School

Posted November 12, 2008
I have a lot of history with KRHS (about 22 years) and I have found it to be a challenging, very traditional arena where students can grow as much as they want to. Extra curricular activities at superb while sports overall is lacking. Student opportunities are vast and their preparation for post secondary learning is very good. I highly recommend this district.

Posted December 03, 2007
One of the main reasons my husband & I have decided to stay in NJ is so that our children will continue their education at KRHS. When searching for a home 12 years ago we knew it would have to be in the KRHS sending district and now that we have children in the school, we know we made the right choice. We have researched moving in the past year couple of years but have had a real hard time finding a high school that can compare to KRHS academically, programs, activities & sports. I have found that the teachers and faculty are genuinely concerned about my children & they have some great programs implemented to help our children advance,offer extra help if needed, always available to talk to us as parents if there is a problem. I would highly recommend KRHS!

Posted April 16, 2007
Kittatinny is only worried about receiving awards and how they 'look'. I see no real commitment to the students.

Posted June 16, 2006
Our family is very reluctantly moving from the Kittatinny Regional High School District. Our oldest son just completed 8th grade there (school has grades 7-12), and we were very happy with the school, the academics and the teachers. The academics can range all levels with honors courses providing the appropriate challenge for our son. Our son was also involved in chorale and drama and we can't say enough kind words about the teacher in these disciplines. Kittatinny annually ranks in the top ten wrestling programs in the state, and is competetive in all sports programs in the SCIL, a league of Sussex County teams. The schhol board has a long tenure and parent involvement is high. All the best for KRHS.

Posted January 19, 2006
I LOVED KRHS, I just graduated this past June, and I was the typical student, actually no, i wasnt. I was involved in about 18 after school activites and I ran 2 of them. I was always busy with something and I Loved it. No matter what the intrest there is a sport, club, or something for everyone and it is amazing. I miss KRHS but I am gald to be out of there at the same time, it prepared me very well for college and I cannot wait until I become a teacher in that school district in a few years!

Posted September 09, 2004
The previous review clearly was done by a disgruntled student. I am a graduate of KRHS that moved away from the district after I got married. As soon as my children approached school age, my husband and I moved back to the district so our children would receive the same education I received. They key to a great school is a staff that cares and KRHS definitely has that. The proof is in the pudding - look at the school's records - they speak volumes.

Posted April 11, 2004
The teachers, principals and especially guidance counselors tend to play favorites in the worst way. They do not listen to what you have to say, and they discourage learning, unless you have a 'legacy' with the school. Your family name/association with certain family names means a lot at KRHS. And if you're shy, forget it. At KRHS, shy=stupid.

Kittatinny Reg High School
77 Halsey Road, Newton, NJ  07860
Last modified Kittatinny Reg High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kittatinny Reg High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top