Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

When a student bullies another it is taken very seriously from my experience however when a teacher calls a student a menace to society in front of the entire class I don't think that's okay. I was constantly belittled by my 7th grade teacher. He made most of my time there absolutely abhorrent. A misfit, not fit for society, constantly humiliating me in front of everybody. When I spoke out, nothing resulted. My own teacher was my bully and nobody helped me even when I spoke out.

Supports LD students: Disagree

This school can not desinguish who actually needs help and who is freeloading. And when help is given it is usually excessive or not there. I genuinly needed help and was a 504 student but the help I got was either too much or very scarce. My friend didn't even need the help, he only got into the program because a family member passed away and he was allowed in. His help was extremely excessive preaching laziness, he is currently a drop out.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

This school is not very much for leadership, it is more for do as I say or I hurt your grades. Leaders are someone you look up to for great reason and cause. Not somebody who forces you to do and follow certain rules that are simply rediculous or else you're punished.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Every student there will tell you it is a horrible school. This school preaches everything that it does not actually take part in. Anti bullying week yet teachers all over the building humiliate and shame their students.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers at this school from my experience as a student there are humiliating. They don't care about the students only their paychecks. Degrading and rude, absolutely no passion for teaching.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

If you don't do your homework they don't care, it's a zero and that's it. From my experience you aren't allowed to make it up and excuses don't count. If allowed to make it up you only get half the grade. Not right. Also gives a TON of unnecessary home work.

Absolutely disgusting, rude, and horrible school. My experience as a student there was more degrading than anything I've ever been through. The teachers there don't care about the students just their paychecks. Favoritism is a huge issue along with cockroaches and centipedes who live long healthy lives there. If possible I WOULD NOT place your child into this school. I do not reccomend it at all.

My son transferred to Lincoln last year from private school. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. First, the new principal seems to really care about the school. I have not dealt with her personally but she seems highly focused and very motivated to make things right and fun for the kids. I was one of those parents who got caught up in the belief that Lincoln (i.e. public school) was awful and that private school would be much better. Totally not true! His first year went really well (1st and 2nd honors) and his teacher Ms. Kronegold was great. Second, the uniforms! Uniforms really do create a sense of unity and school spirit among peers. Kids should be focused on competing on school performance rather than appearance. Great move NB!

I myself attended Lincoln School grades 1-7. Many of my teachers are now guiding my son in his school years. My son had a rough beginning and struggled, but his teachers worked with him. Last year, HE MADE HONORS ALL 4 MARKING PERIODS. This coming from a child who was put into Special Ed for behavioral issues. The teachers are phenominal and take into consideration every child's special ways of learning. I am thankful for the uniforms being put into place for this year, it has a long time wish for me as a parent. Children need to be more focused on school work rather than comparing clothing with classmates. This means only more positive for our children and their educations. I wish all children and faculty another year of success, together we can make a difference.

My children have gone to Lincoln School since K actually my sons opened up the k center big thanks to Mr. T wonderful man! Now they are in 2nd grade we have a new Principal and Vice Principal BIG difference, thank goodness! My sons have had wonderful teachers Mrs. Galoway, Mrs. Rodriguez , Ms. Gabr, Mrs. E, Mrs. Heller, Ms. Annette and one teacher that I as a parent will never forget Ms. Bernstock you are the best! Lincoln School Faculty continue your success!

Last modified Lincoln No. 5 Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.